Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I on track with time?

Controller779Controller779 Alum Member
in General 221 karma
Heading hopefully for the October LSAT.

I spent from January until April working through the core curriculum and the Trainer. I now have four-and-a-half months to get through the LG Bundle and hopefully the core curriculum again before PTing from July-October.

Does this sound realistic? As of this month I can dedicate 5-6 hours a day to LSAT prep.

Just making sure I'm on track...confidence is down a bit!

Thanks,
J.

Comments

• visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I'm not the best to comment on this but that's sure a lot more time than I've put in and will be putting in (I'm taking the June LSAT to try to get in this fall and started studying in March) but I think if you really grasped the fundamentals by now you should be good to go by October. I'm PTing in the mid-high 160's after the Trainer and 7Sage just once so I'm sure you'll be good to go.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah that's definitely more than enough time, especially because the curriculum goes super fast the second time around (use that 1.7x or 2.0x if you can handle it, and just skip the stuff you know cold). Also, once you get rolling on the LG Bundle it goes pretty quickly, just be careful to make sure you don't let your other skills slip at the expense of maxing LGs. Working your way through the curriculum again will definitely keep you from faltering in other areas.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @jamesjentucker said:
    I now have four-and-a-half months to get through the LG Bundle and hopefully the core curriculum again before PTing from July-October.

Does this sound realistic? As of this month I can dedicate 5-6 hours a day to LSAT prep.
    I'd say you're golden.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You have time. Just don't lose track and don't forget to take a day or two off each week.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @emli1000 the burnout is real!!!

I second this—stay social and have fun. Don't drink too much or eat too much bad food: bad for the brain! And try to keep a dedicated "LSAT Schedule"—not necessarily what lessons/drills you'll do each day (though that is good in terms of goal setting). For example, I do LSAT from 6am—8am and 6pm—10pm. I have a "No more LSATs" alarm set on my phone and have a hard stop when it goes off.
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    I'd make sure that even if you are working through the Core right now, you still PT on occasion. Reviewing those tests can give you a really good idea of what concepts are weak. You might find that you would benefit from spending more on the LR, for example, and skipping over a lot of the LG stuff.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    ^ don't skip over LG. Focus on all 3 parts of LR/LG/RC of the LSAT. Don't give more time to one section then the others that you are performing your best on. Because in order to maintain your score you will need to practice all 3. Find ways to incorporate all 3 in your prep.