Switching from individual timed games to full timed sections - timing benchmarks?

HLoom1222HLoom1222 Member
in Logic Games 97 karma

I'm switching from working on individual timed games from the problem sets and lessons presented in the Core Curriculum to doing full LG sections from tests 1-35 and wondering if people have some rough timing benchmarks based on game type, number of questions, question types (new premise/suppose + new condition), etc. they use to manage their time across a whole section, to generally know what pacing to keep and when they're probably ahead or behind.

For individual games, I've been using the time stamp provided in the explanation videos for each game, which we obviously won't have on the real test.

It would make sense for this to be in a final wrap-up comprehensive lesson like the wrap-up lesson on board types, but I didn't see anything along these lines in the curriculum. #Help

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello @HLoom1222 I generally do not keep track of time too much when doing full sections, but I will note if I am way behind. Other than that I try and leave 10+ minutes for the last game, but that can change if game 3 is the hardest and the last game is a simple sequencing game then I only need about 5-6 minutes. I mark down every game that I do and I also mark down if I made it under the 7sage recommended time. If I am within 30 seconds to 1 minute of the time I do not worry about it, but if I am over anything by more than a minute then I mark it down so I can review the game later. Also as you do more sections you will get a feel for where you should be in the section at a given time.
    this will also fluctuate with different people if they have strengths in one game over another. With keeping track of the games that I get Qs wrong or go over time this allows me to track and start to see a pattern of games that I have gotten wrong and work directly on that particular style game. At first I could not complete the section then I started to be able to complete the sections but would get questions wrong and slowly I started to get less and less wrong. For me the timing changes with what sequence the games are in and the difficulty of the games.