Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Motivation

lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
in General 536 karma

Can anyone tells me how they keep their motivation going for the LSAT and how they study for the test.

Comments

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited March 2021 4306 karma

Your dreams and aspirations have to be so clear that when you wake up in the morning all you have to do is step in your dream. Where you are is temporary, you will not be there for the rest of your life. Write down 5 reasons on why you deserve your dream, why you won't give up, and what's going to make you unstoppable.

I say this often on the forums, motivation gets you started, but discipline keeps you going. You need a strong commitment to see things through, especially when the motivation to study isn't there. Create a schedule that isn't pushing you beyond your limits (so that you don't hit burnout). Follow this schedule as close as possible day in and day out (sometimes life happens and you can't, just start again tomorrow). Simple habits you do each day will build on one another and eventually you'll see these habits piece together. Feel free to PM me if you want an example of some of the schedules I've created for myself throughout different phases of studying (CC, drilling, PTing).

One of my favorite quotes is from Eric Thomas - "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful." When you start to lose motivation, ask yourself/remind yourself, how bad do you want this?

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

Can you please send me some example of some of the schedules you created for yourself throughout different phases of studying (CC, drilling, PTing).

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

Thank You.