Week before LSAT - when to stop testing?

carolinelsatcarolinelsat Member
in General 103 karma

I am taking the April 2021 LSAT on Saturday, April 10th... when should be the last day I take a practice test? I want to make sure I am not burnt out, but also do not want to take too many days off. Traditionally I have taken 2 PTs a week on Mondays and Thursdays. I took one today (PT 89) and left M20 to do next week. I was originally planning on doing it Monday, but should I push it back to Tuesday or Wednesday so that there are not too many days between my last PT and the my real test? Any advice/thoughts/other week of LSAT advice is much appreciated, as this is my first LSAT and want to make sure I am prepared while also not exhausting myself before the real thing!

Comments

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

I am interested in this advice :) if anyone can help, that would be awesome

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

Caroline,
    I think that it would be a good idea to take it Tuesday or Wednesday, really between those days I don't think it'll make a difference. I think that waiting until then will give you a close rundown before actual test day, but you shouldn't get burned out since you'll still have a few days in between. Ultimately, it's up to how you feel with if you get burn out taking it on your Monday/Thursday schedule. Since you just have one left it's like the final run before showtime! I think advice for this can really vary, but if it were me I'd want to take one in the final days before the actual test just for one last glimpse of what it will be like. So exciting you're taking it in just over a week, I wish you the best, best of luck!!!

• 269 karma

Hey Caroline, I'm in the same boat. I'm probably going to do 2 more timed exams prior to April 10th. Regarding your Tue/Wed question, I supposed I'd recommend taking the test on Tuesday and BR-ing it Wednesday. Then just spend the next few days doing untimed LR/RC problem sets and timed LG problem sets. Take it easy, but keep your mind stimulated.

I don't know that I'd recommend doing M20 as your last test before the EXAM; I got my lowest score that I've had in 3 months on that test. Now, there could be a HUGE variety of reasons as to why, but I found it to be more difficult than the preceding 70s/80s. I am stuh-RESSED OUT about my performance.

What ever you decide, don't do what I did and psyche yourself out.