Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR Level 4(Harder) and Level 5(Hardest) Questions

Hey all,

Ive made some good progress studying for LR and mainly get the easy to medium questions all right. However, on a lot of my preptests (about 6+ of them) I always seem to mainly get the level 4 and 5 questions all wrong. Any advice on how to get better at really difficult questions? Should I just focus on drilling that difficulty only? It always seems like the support between the premise and the conclusion or the assumptions are way more convoluted. I've already read the Loophole FYI and it helped a lot, but those questions still get me. Thanks for any help I really appreciate it!

Comments

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    edited April 2021 1384 karma

Congrats on your progress!

For me, it was about moving past the easy-medium questions efficiently to bank up needed time for the 4- and 5-star-difficulty questions. This is assuming you're getting them incorrect on a timed run. Another thing that came as a surprise to me is to break up the time you need to spend on those hard Qs. This means that even if a Q might require more time to figure out, don't spend too long a block of time on it at once, even if you think you have the time available. This is why skipping Qs and working steadily through your first round is so important. A second, even third glance at some hard questions has led to a lot of epiphanies for me, lol.

You should definitely be spending a lot of time nitpicking those difficult ones you miss during BR. Keep a wrong-answer journal, but I find that my analysis needs to be much more in-depth than is implied by the space that the Loophole gives as an example in the appendix. Writing out your reasoning is definitely the way to go.

A step beyond that is to post your analysis on the 7Sage forum/question discussion page. Whenever I do this, I always hone up my WAJ's written analysis before I post and tend to pick up on little loose threads I otherwise wouldn't have if my analysis were "just for my eyes." It also gives you the chance to see others' perspectives, and the more ways you're able to approach a problem, the better and deeper your analysis of it will be.

• 476 karma

Following

• JameezyyJameezyy Member
    24 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" Thank you!!