Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pass/Fail for Physical Education courses

sgaffnesgaffne Free Trial Member

I am aware that it is generally not the best idea to Pass/Fail multiple courses, as it could be frowned upon by law schools. Since many undergrad schools have changed their policies regarding Pass/Fail options, in light of COVID, I have heard a lot of mixed opinions about whether it affects admissions. My university requires that all students take 2 physical education courses, both of which I completed this semester. Essentially everyone takes these courses for credit, opting for a Pass/Fail, or S/U grading option, since they are only one credit hour each and unreasonably difficult to receive an A in. I received a B+ in one class, and a B in the other. These do not bring down my GPA at all, however, if I were to Pass/Fail these classes, my cumulative GPA would increase 0.015 points (0.02 for CAS GPA). I know that the difference between 3.76 and 3.78 seems minuscule, but I am applying to schools in the fall, so this may be my last chance to change my GPA. I only have a week to decide before my transcript is finalized for this semester. Should I Pass/Fail these classes to increase my GPA? Will law schools even care if my transcript shows an "S" for introduction to swim conditioning?