Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep Test Simulating New Flex Type?

123youandme123youandme Core Member
in General 25 karma

Hi there!

Knowing that the exams from August onward will include a fourth section of either LR, LG, or RC chosen at random, will the 7Sage prep test simulator be updated to reflect a random fourth section? Or would we have to build our own scenarios within the problem sets? At present, it looks like problem sets can only be built for one section type at a time.

Thanks!

help

Comments

• bensasounianbensasounian Member
    94 karma

Honestly just do a normal preptest with a 15 minute break

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    edited May 2021 340 karma

@bensasounian said:
    Honestly just do a normal preptest with a 15 minute break

I was thinking this too, but I'm wondering how this will impact scores, because on the real test we'll only be scored on three sections (not four) and I'm thinking having that fourth section scored could inflate or otherwise impact PT scores. I've been taking 3 section PT, and I think I need to switch over to the 4 section test at some point, but I'm concerned about having inflated scores (since I tend to do a bit better with more sections).

• 1952 karma

just to add: on the actual test day, you'll never know which section (lr/rc/lg) you will get as your experimental.
    so if you do take the normal 4-section test every single time, you'll only be practicing with your 2nd lr section as your experimental.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited May 2021 5740 karma

Hi @123youandme,

We are aware of the changes to the PrepTests and we are looking into it.

• edited May 2021 273 karma

@"Juliet - 7Sage" Thanks! This would definitely be an incredibly powerful and useful feature. Maybe some way to add in a fourth random section (if LSAC allows that sort of thing).

• 123youandme123youandme Core Member
    25 karma

Hi @"Juliet - 7Sage" ! Does there happen to be an update on this?

Thank you!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@123youandme,

Unfortunately, we don't have a roll-out date or any other details regarding this yet. Sorry about that!

We will update you as soon as we have more details.