Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interpreting the Law School Predictor Percentages

Hello!

I received a score in the mid-upper 150's for my LSAT back in February and I graduated from W&M with a 3.77. I'm currently signed up to take the LSAT in June as well, but for the law schools I wanted to go to (UNC and UIUC), my chances of getting in are well above 80% according to the 7Sage Law School Predictor.

I was just wondering how trustworthy the Law School Predictor was because I'm considering cancelling the June LSAT Flex if the scores are truly good enough to get into these schools.

Would love to get some thoughts from you all – Thanks!

Comments

• cwrussell42cwrussell42 Member
    17 karma

I personally wouldn't cancel if you believe you can do better this time around. UNC's median score is 163 so I'm not sure how it's getting 80% likelihood.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8460 karma

I wouldn't rely on any predictors until upcoming medians are fed in. They were already only rough guidelines based on a narrow range of metrics at best.

• x1amp9898x1amp9898 Member
    203 karma

In addition to what these others said, I would also consider scholarship money. While you may be able to get into these schools, my guess is that you don't want to pay full price for them either. So I would take the financial aspect into your decision as well. Good luck