Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Chunking" for Improved Reading

Hello everyone,

I am posting this in LR because LR is something very new and foreign to me and I feel that if I can master LR, RC is going to be a breeze. Now, I know the answer off the bat is going to be "do what feels best for you," focus, and discipline. I completely agree with that sentiment, yet I wanted to see what has worked best for you and why with the entire goal of inspiring others to learn and add new tidbits into their current strategy.

If you do chunking, how many words do you chunk when you read and why does that work for you?

For those of you who don't chunk what works best in your strategy and why?

I have realized that for myself, that I had developed very bad reading habits after leaving college, I've been out a good while so I skim a lot and hardly read as much as I used to. For now, I have gone back to "word by word" reading until I can spot important words while chunking. My goal is to chunk 3-4 words as I read.

Currently, I time out towards question 4/5 leaving me rushing to just pick an answer and pray I got it right. Slowly, I have gone from getting 1 answer right to 3/5 on a good day until I get to the level 4-5 difficulty level questions and then I get 1 or 2 right if I am lucky enough to figure it out, but then time out for questions 3,4,&5.

Looking forward to reading your story.

Thank you for your time,

Alfonso