Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Question about Completed and In-Progress BA Degrees - 7Sage Forum

Question about Completed and In-Progress BA Degrees

Hailey Kai-1Hailey Kai-1 Core Member

Hello all!

Am I eligible to apply/be considered to law schools if I have one out of two majors completed?

I will have my first BA this fall, but will need an extra semester to finish my second major. I'm having trouble finding an answer online without having to contact law schools directly, but that is probably my best bet lol

Any information is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

• 17 karma

Hi! I do not know if it varies by school but I will tell you what I know. I'm from Florida and law school apps open from September to the following May/July. All of the schools I have spoken to have accepted Spring graduations if the plan is to begin law school in the Fall. Some schools also accept Summer graduations as long as you're able to show proof of graduation by the first day of school or orientation. If you will graduate in the Spring that would not impair you from applying this year to begin law school the following Fall. Hope this helps!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Speaking as a former admissions officer, you need to have completed the academic requirements for your BA by the time you matriculate at your law school. You can still be taking classes when you submit your application for consideration. Good luck!