Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else struggle to take advantage of BR with changing answers?

sholdensholden Member
in General 22 karma

I'm naturally a pretty fast reader, and almost never run out of time on the LR and RC sections, (i'm going to leave AR out of this discussion as it's a completely different kettle of fish) so during BR i've already selected the answer choice I like the most, and most of the time disproved the other answers in my head too. I totally understand the benefit of BR, but basically never change my answers because my thinking hasn't changed since when i first selected the answer I liked the most. I of course still get plenty wrong, but don't really catch any during BR. Anybody else have a similar experience, or want to give me advice?

Comments

• tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
    1106 karma

If you often don't change your answers, that's not a problem in and of itself. What you have to be careful of though, is your BR kind of turning into an echo chamber. If you go into BR biased toward the answer you picked, you're going to tunnel, and when you see that you were wrong, it makes it harder to change your thought process for the next time you see a similar question.

Maybe it would be helpful if you didn't see your original answer when you blind review. If you hit the eye symbol with the slash in the top right tool bar, then you can maybe look at the questions without a thought process that's already bias to the answer you picked.