Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Focus on Later PTs for last week of prep or does it not matter?

chjschjs Alum Member
in June 2015 LSAT 21 karma
So we have a week left to get ready and I was planning on using my last week to complete PT 50-60(thats as far as i will have gotten). Are the newer PT's significantly different that i should be focusing on them instead of just completing up to PT 60 for the exam?
I am consistently getting perfect on the LG's and my LRs' are between -16 to -5 (least to most recent) and RC are between -8 to -4
So, is any section on the newer PTs harder that i should be prepping with those instead?

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    DEFINITELY focus on later PTs. I think PTS 60 through 74 are much harder than anything I've encountered in the 50s and I'm glad I have the time to prep those. I intend on retaking some of the PTs in the 70s as well to make sure I really understand this new trend. I know this may be an exaggeration for some but for me, I've noticed a 5 point dip in the newer tests and I'm glad I have the next 10+ days or so to get acclimated and adjust properly.

I would say that the LR AC's have gotten slightly harder to differentiate between -- so somewhat easier stimuli, harder AC's. I think the RC AC's have gotten much harder to distinguish between and the newer RC is killing my score.
  • chjschjs Alum Member
    21 karma
    thank you! thats very helpful to know :)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Later later later! There is definitely a shift after PT65 and while it is subtle, you will be thrown a curve ball if you're not prepared by being exposed to the most modern tests.