PT3.S2.Q18 - trouble understanding why the answer to this question is C

Brrrree3Brrrree3 Member
edited June 2021 in Logical Reasoning 85 karma

I'm having a little trouble understanding why the answer to this question is C). If the author explicitly states at the end of the passage that, "the survey data do not establish that financial problems are the major problem in contemporary marriages," how could the answer be, C) "The conclusion drawn in Raghnall's article is inadequately justified," if the author states previously that, "Raghnall's conclusion from the survey data is that financial problems are the major problem in their marriages and an important factor contributing to the high divorce rate." My answer was A)

Admin note: edited title; please use the format of "PT#.S#.Q# - [brief description]"

Comments

• 124 karma

I also recently did this PrepTest! The last sentence of the stimulus is definitely the conclusion, and it is questioning the validity of the data used by Raghnall. The author does not explicitly take a stand on what the major problem is for marriages, but he does take an explicit stand that the data used in Raghnall's article is questionable. That is why C is the correct answer, because the implication of the survey data's invalidity is that Raghnall's conclusion is not properly justified.