MIL/LEO/ First Responder Study Group

Stimmy TurnerStimmy Turner Alum Member
in General 46 karma

This doesn’t have to be exclusive to the occupations listed above but I’m active duty Army and really struggling to find a consistent rhythm to get into and need some help. Currently trying to get one hour in a day during the weekdays and 2-3 hours in on either Saturday or Sunday. I’ve tried studying before physical training in the morning but I have sleep apnea and I’ve never been able to maintain it. I’ve been part of 7Sage for almost a year and I’m not even 75% of the way through the core curriculum and I’m really disheartened at how inconsistent I’ve been. If there’s a group for people with full time jobs or even if it’s just help and advice I’d really appreciate it. I’ve considered dropping my packet to get out of the army so I can find a job that would allow me more time to study but that isn’t really feasible for my family situation at the moment and I know there are others in this community with far more taxing jobs in terms of hours and stress that have made it work and I want to be one of them that figures it out. Thank you for taking the time to read this and good hunting with all your goals.

Very Respectfully,
Pat

Comments

• edited June 2021 183 karma

Shoot me a DM. If my June score comes back where I want it I’m going to be done studying, but I’m more than happy to chat about studying on active duty and the different things I’ve done to improve my scores. I’m currently in command and understand the many constraints the Army imposes on life. Would be glad to share my insights and chat about ways to navigate the chain of command to help you out. I’m not sure what your rank or MOS is, but it’s possible and if this is what you want to do with your life your CoC should support you, regardless if you’re an Officer, NCO, or Soldier.