Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviewing Practice LSAT Questions

ev_jr615ev_jr615 Core Member
in General 66 karma

Hello, I was wondering what are some helpful & efficient strategies to review LR questions after completing a set of 5. I feel like I am spending a lot of time reviewing correct/wrong answers. Sometimes it takes me at least 30 minutes to review a problem set of 5. I either watch a video or read the explanations.Thank you.

Comments

• Burden.of.FloofBurden.of.Floof Core Member
    edited June 2021 1050 karma

My advice would be to not worry too much about how long it takes you to review a problem set. It used to take me several hours sometimes on harder sets! I don't know how efficiently you're spending your time, but the longer you spend on trying to understand a question in my opinion, the better off you are in the long run.

Watching the video and reading the explanations are both great. Make sure you're doing a really thorough BR, and then once you know the right answer, if you got it wrong, really take the time to understand why you picked the answer you did. What was it about the wrong answer that made it look so attractive? Why did the right answer look unattractive? etc., etc. If you got the answer correct, make sure that you got it correct in the "right" way. There can be more than one right way to get to the correct answer, of course. But if you weren't 100% confident in your answer choice, or you didn't have a strong reason for picking it, there's still a gap in reasoning that can be explored.