PT32.S4.Q21-Eliminating answers based on "most"

Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
edited June 2021 in Logical Reasoning 677 karma

Hi everyone,
This question (PT32.S4.Q21) is one of the sample question posted on 7Sage CC.
It is a parallel flaw question that requires us to draw Lawgic. The stimulus does not have the word, "most." However, three of five answer choices have the word, "most." I saw in other JY's videos that if the stimulus does not contain "most," we can automatically eliminate those answer choices containing "most" for parallel questions. However, in the video https://7sage.com/lesson/experimental-psychology-pf-question/, JY did not do that. Could you all please share your insight with this?

I got down to drawing the Lawgic correct from the stimulus but I erroneously eliminated choices A, B, and D because I thought since they contain the word, "most," the answer choices are automatically incorrect.

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-32-section-4-question-21/

Comments

• DarinnnnnDarinnnnn Member
    244 karma

check out the conclusion in D. The conclusion is different than the one in the stimulus. The way i get to the right answer quickly on these questions is by first comparing the conclusions. I don't even look at the premises in the stimulus. E and D can be crossed off because they are different in conclusions to the stimulus.

• DarinnnnnDarinnnnn Member
    244 karma

The word most has less bearing in this argument because you are looking for the same flawed reasoning used in the stimulus. The word most would come into play if the question was saying to find the correct parallel reasoning which means that there is no flawed reasoning. Then you would have to match everything with the AC against the stimulus, including the word most. Can you agree that the flawed reasoning behind A and the stimulus are the same? That is why matching the conclusion is so important because in order to have the same flawed reasoning, you need to have the same conclusion.

• Webby_SongdoWebby_Songdo Alum Member
    677 karma

@Darinnnnn said:
    The word most has less bearing in this argument because you are looking for the same flawed reasoning used in the stimulus. The word most would come into play if the question was saying to find the correct parallel reasoning which means that there is no flawed reasoning. Then you would have to match everything with the AC against the stimulus, including the word most. Can you agree that the flawed reasoning behind A and the stimulus are the same? That is why matching the conclusion is so important because in order to have the same flawed reasoning, you need to have the same conclusion.

Sounds awesome. Thank you so much for your insight.