Need Advice - Falling Behind Right Before June Test Date

iles.18iles.18 Alum Member
in General 26 karma
Hello! I thought I would ask the 7sage community for some advice regarding my recent PT performance.

I had previously been PTing consistently in the high 160s to low 170s, but recently my last three PTs have been 166, 168, and 164. Am I taking too many PTs? I was wondering what course of action I should take:

A: Continue to take practice tests and drill like mad to take the June test
B: Do only light studying and take the June test
C: Pay to push my test date to October

Thanks so much for your input! If there's anything you can suggest that I didn't think of, please let me know.

Comments

• tbram519tbram519 Alum Member
    77 karma
    I had the same problem last week. Take a day off this week, an entire day where you don't even think about the LSAT (or try not to). Go do something outdoors, or whatever you like to do. I was in a slump and did this, then PT'd my best score the next day. It really helped clear my mind!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2015 7965 karma
    @tbram519 said:
    Take a day off this week, an entire day where you don't even think about the LSAT (or try not to). Go do something outdoors, or whatever you like to do. I was in a slump and did this, then PT'd my best score the next day.
    Agree with this—I've had the same experience a few times. And make sure to take care of yourself and do something fun, OP—happy minds are healthy minds and healthy minds are more likely to succeed in strenuous cognitive settings (like the LSAT).

You should push the test to October if you're not ready for June. That's it! If you truly believe you're ready, don't push it. If you have serious doubts or believe you haven't maximized your potential to the degree you desire, then push it to a later date. I think that when people ask this question, it's usually because they've already answered it for themselves (at least subconsciously).
  • LoraxManLoraxMan Alum Member
    180 karma
    burnout is real! I have definitely experienced this as well. Take a 24 hour no LSAT break, then get back to it.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    It could very well be burnout, but what PTs are you taking? There have been varying difficulties between PT 64/65ish -- to the present.
  • LoraxManLoraxMan Alum Member
    edited June 2015 180 karma
    in my experience I have had a lot of fluctuation in scores on fresh tests. the difference in one question per section can easily throw your score out of your normal range, especially if you are like me (and many others) who consistently skip/guess on at least one question in most sections. I wouldn't sweat a few outlying scores.