Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you doing for your last Week?

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
edited June 2015 in General 938 karma
I thought this would be a cool way to outline our priorities and maybe exchange ideas on what to review/go over :D!

-Last Week of LSAT Prep-
-As Much as possible of LG Bundle (2nd Time Around)
-Go Over PTs (Late 60s/Early 70s ESPECIALLY PT 74)
-PT 72/73 (After Reading Jon's Post I've decided I'll take one of these on Tuesday) BR and review should be good enough!
-Cambridge RC Packets
-Review 7Sage Lessons (LG/LR) -- LSAT Trainer Lessons (RC/LR)
-Sleep/Eat (I Sort of forget to do these 2 things, hehe)

Happy Posting :D!

Comments

• NevenSelimovicNevenSelimovic Alum Member
    6 karma
    I'm happy with the scores I have been getting. Just relax and do 3 more PTs. Wake up monday, do a few questions and go at it!
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I'd like to study and get some reviews in but I'm working 12-16 hours a day so I'm too tired by the time I have time.

I'll try to squeeze in one or two PT's this week just to keep my rhythm going and then just do a few questions at a time for those that I don't get to from 70-74. Or more likely I do none of this and just go into the test.
  • logicfiendlogicfiend Alum Member
    118 karma
    I work full-time, and I'm almost glad I do because otherwise I would definitely be going crazy this week.

I have 72, 73 and 74 left currently. I'm planning on taking 74 on Wednesday and maybe 73 or 72 on Friday and Saturday. I haven't decided if I will preptest after Friday yet, seems like a recipe for disaster.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    how could you forget to eat :o I could not.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @logicfiend Yeah I highly suggest going over PT 74, that was the test I took officially and it was brutal compared to all the PTs I had taken!

@harrismegan Idk, I eat breakfast and the next thing I know it's 8-9pm and I'm tired xD
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Today: Review PT 73+drill
    Wed: drill
    Thurs: drill
    Friday: PT 70 (took this only 3 months ago but I want a confidence booster)
    Sat: Review PT 70+drill
    Sun: Off and maybe some casual reading

For the most part I'm done with taking PT's. I know I can endure the 5 sections and have taken it in Feb at the exact same testing center. I will just be maintaining my health mentally AND physically.
    938 karma
    Sounds good :) @ddakjiking! How were the LGs on that exam?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @mpits001 Without giving away too much, it was pretty difficult for me at least. I found LG's from PT 72+ to be relatively hard.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 3545 karma
    Today: PT 73
    Wed: review + PT 69 (+exp)
    Thurs: review + PT 68 (+exp)
    Friday: Review (reviewing stuff that I did poorly on)
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Review (only reviewing stuff that I did well on)

938 karma
    @ddakjiking thank goodness I asked then. I can focus on those sets after my final PT! Thank you!
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    I think I will save 73 and 74 for a possible retake in the chance I do not perform up to standard. Is anybody else doing this?
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    It depends on how you look at the PTs.. some people see it as "gambling" and subsequent validation or invalidation of their expectations about how they will score. I find this to be a silly approach however.

PTs expose weaknesses. If you take a PT and get any questions wrong, then you need to DRILL those questions to figure out why you got them wrong. If you find you're not completing sections on time, this will be another weakness exposed and you will be aware of it and able to improve. If you ran into an anomaly (like I did on Prep Test 72 game 4) where you're just completely stuck, then the PT will expose the weakness of not knowing what to do in that situation and you will be able to formulate a plan for test day.

I see no reason to not take tests every day possible up until test day. The information you get from those attempts will give you the opportunity to attack those weaknesses. I don't experience the "burnout" that I've heard about. I also took a week vacation from work leading up to the test, so, maybe I'm in a special situation.

I have some tests left in the 50's and prep test 74 left.. and I'll be doing each of them leading up to Monday. Any little bit helps.
    938 karma
    I, at least, think it's imperative that everyone taking the June LSAT has the LGs from PTs 70-74 patted down. I went through the whole LG bundle and thee games still feel wonky to me. When I sat for Dec 2014 I was sideswiped by the LG.. What was once my best section, had become my worst. I think this is important because LG can be improved upon rapidly, and I think it's totally doable to pat down 4 LG sections from now till Sunday night (without killing yourself, lol)!