Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7Sage (Diagnostic: 149 -> June 2021: 162), but I am quitting :)

Katherine1998Katherine1998 Member
edited June 2021 in General 43 karma

I couldn't sleep well yesterday since I was so worried about my score. I got up at around 6 AM to check my score and it is 162. This is the third time I took this test: I got 161 in Nov 2020 and still 161 in Jan 2021. Though one-point improvement does somewhat enable me to console myself, I am unhappy. I have been on the waitlist of my top-choice law school which is one of those T14s, so this June test is important for me to improve my chance of being admitted... I hate to say this but I am thinking about giving it up. I have prepared for the LSAT for one year and my diagnostic score is 149 (untimed), and I really appreciate that 7Sage has helped me to increase my score by 13 points.

I know there are people whose scores are lower than mine, but the 162 will still keep me away from my dream school. Moreover, since I already took a gap year after my high school graduation, my family doesn't allow me to gap one more year this time to reapply for the law schools, which means, this is supposed to be the last LSAT I could take in my whole life. My average PT score is 168, so I felt extremely frustrated when I saw the 162. I expected to see a more huge progress like a 3-point improvement, but unfortunately, I don't. I know there are so many people who took the test at least 5 times and got their target scores, and I know I can never be one of them.

I feel so bad to say this, but I don't have any more chance to retake the test, and what's more, I don't wanna retake it anymore. I am tired, anxious, and always wanna cry when thinking about how I let my family and friends down and how all of my efforts become in vain. Thus, to overcome this negative mindset, I plan to take a break this summer before entering the law school which accepts me, so that I can spend time do something else, such as doing workouts, reading books, learning Japanese, etc.

My next step is to go to the school that admits me and then struggle to get transferred next year. (Because this school is much much far away from my home and I wanna meet with my family often, and also, it is more expensive than my dream school). I don't know if I should take another LSAT for the transfer purpose, so I would appreciate if any of you can provide any tips.

Congratulations to all of you who took the June test. LSAT is such a challenging task in our lives and I cannot imagine how brave and grit one should be and how hard one should work to get over it. I apologize if I am not making sense or this post makes any of you who is preparing for the LSAT feel scared.

Comments

• Be_of_good_cheerBe_of_good_cheer Alum Member
    edited July 2021 68 karma

Don't be so hard on yourself. Why not relax a bit and embrace your alternate schools (maybe expand the list to less costly ones as well) and look forward to going to law school in another place? Perhaps there are a lot of pluses to going someplace other than your 1st choice school that you can't see right now?