Just scored a 171 - don't give up!

LSAT AbleLSAT Able Member
edited July 2021 in General 137 karma

Hey guys!

After scoring a 159 on the February LSAT, I scored a 171 in June.
I studied for a year while working full time, and there were many months when I thought I would never reach my goal.
But I remained persistent, practiced, drilled, used multiple resources (including 7Sage!), and was finally able to reach my goal.

To anyone struggling with the LSAT: don't give up. Just keep pushing.

Comments

• 67 karma

Congratulations!!

• 790 karma

Congrats! What resources did you use please? I just got a 159 on the June LSAT and have also been studying for over a year. I have a month and a half to prepare for August and I am aiming for a 163.

• j.harrisonj.harrison Member
    57 karma

Could you elaborate on what you did after the 159 to refocus? I scored a 161 after about a year as well. PTed around 167 and have until August to get up to where I want.

• LSAT AbleLSAT Able Member
    137 karma

Here are the resources/tools I used:

-PowerScore LG Bibles to get the LG basics
    -7Sage (especially the LG explanation videos)
    -The Loophole (translation is the key skill that book teaches and is applicable for LR and RC)
    -Got a tutor to hone my LG approach
    -Tutored (for free) students to deepen my own understanding of the material (Side note: my student scored a 98 percentile score)
    -used an Excel spreadsheet to track the questions I got wrong / took too much time
    -PTs once a week leading up to test day

• TayyabaRTayyabaR Member
    19 karma

So happy for you!!!! Congrats!

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    190 karma

Would you be willing to take on another student to tutor? It doesn't have to be for free!