Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). ADHD and Admissions Chances - 7Sage Forum

ADHD and Admissions Chances

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD and have applied for accommodations for the August 2021 LSAT. I am curious if this information is given to schools by LSAC/my undergraduate institution and if there is any affect upon admissions decisions if so.

Thanks!

admissions

Comments

• sydneykhornersydneykhorner Core Member
    27 karma

ADHD accoms are protected by a federal disability act, no one, not schools/employers/anyone can discriminate you based on a disability you have. Im pretty sure this kind of info isn't something they cant release without your consent either, so I wouldn't worry too much abt it being used against you.

• LSAT LizardLSAT Lizard Alum Member
    331 karma

Law schools also cannot even see that you have requested or received accommodations. From the official accommodation policy page:

Please note that LSAC does not annotate the score reports of individuals with disabilities who take the LSAT with testing accommodations, including the accommodation of extended testing time. All accommodated scores are reported in the same manner as non-accommodated scores.

Further, LSAC does not notify or communicate to law schools that a candidate has requested or tested with accommodations.

(https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsac-policy-accommodations-test-takers-disabilities)

• emg12345emg12345 Member
    43 karma

Law schools won't see your accommodations. I am in the same position as you! Applied for accommodations because of ADHD and I am just a little worried about getting denied. We will see next week!