Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URM, 178 & 3.45 gpa; honestly, is it possible to get into UCLA Law with a scholarship?

edited July 2021 in Law School Admissions 11 karma

.I really do want to attend this school, but I can't go through with it If I will take on $200k+ debt for it. Biglaw is something I'm considering as well.

Comments

• castronecastrone Member
    210 karma

yea, you prob have a shot at some higher ranked schools too

• lsat_suslsat_sus Core Member
    edited July 2021 1417 karma

lmao 178 3.45 URM wondering about UCLA haha I'm not an expert but this made me laugh sorry. (edit: as in, UCLA feeels like a given to me idk)

• edited July 2021 11 karma

@lsat_sus lol it's not about getting in, it's about how much money they're willing to give to me since my gpa is below their 25th percentile

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

you'll do okay, you'll get some money, how much you won't know for sure until you apply.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Yes. How much $ no one can tell you... honestly not even UCLA at this point. Apply early.

• priyarosaliapriyarosalia Member
    26 karma

Absolutely! I'd go higher but its up to you :)

• firstgenlaw-1firstgenlaw-1 Member
    edited July 2021 245 karma

With those metrics I don't see a problem getting scholarship money from UCLA at all. You can also check out LSAT Demon's scholarship estimator (estimator being the key word here) which estimates based on each law school's 509 data, your GPA, LSAT score, and whether you're a URM whether you would have a chance at funding and if so about how much.

https://lsatdemon.com/scholarships

• lyyyyyyylyyyyyyy Member
    14 karma

I think you have a very good chance, cause if you are below their 50% it doesn't matter how much you below. Also, ucla is trying very hard to improve their ranking i guess, they will need some high lsat taker.