Sub-Game Boards = LSAT Gold

crystal0712crystal0712 Core Member
in Logic Games 107 karma

Disclaimer: Making sub-game boards might not be the method that works best for everyone, and 7Sage states that it is possible to do every question WITHOUT a sub-game board. This is simply my testimony on how it has made me the most confident I've ever been on LG.

While logic games has always been my best section, it took a while for my brain to naturally do them in an organized manner. I was good at seeing the rules and creating my master game board, but I didn't make second level deductions, which meant no sub-game boards, which meant 10 different copies of my master game board that were extremely unorganized.

As I have practiced doing logic games more and more, I have come to realize that sub-game boards, even if they are not 100% filled out or solved, are life saviors. Most people think that sub-game boards are only worth doing when you can fill them out completely, but this is untrue. Sub-game boards, no matter how filled out, are simply additional visuals for you to write down facts about the rules that you already know. When I first starting considering sub-game boards, I found myself finishing with about 2 minutes left but getting -3/4 from silly mistakes. After I really started making deductions a natural step in my LG routine, I started to finish with 6-8 minutes left, only getting -1/0. Logic games has always been my best section but today I hit my personal best by finishing PrepTest 81 Logic Games with 9:40 left on the clock and getting -0, and it was all thanks to the sub-game boards (I did one for every question so maybe I just got lucky lol).

To those struggling to complete Logic Games or those who finish but just find themselves making little mistakes, try focusing more on your ability to create sub-game boards. Granted, not every game will be ideal for sub-game boards, however, they are beyond helpful when you can find them. Also, it will get you into the habit of naturally connecting rules and deducing inferences. DONT BE AFRAID TO SPEND TIME ON MAKING THE SUB-GAME BOARDS. I might spend six minutes on writing the sub-game boards but when it allows me to do each question in less than 30 seconds, you'll find that you spend a lot less time on the game despite the perceived 'slow start'. They also help you from making small mistakes because they provide more detailed anchor points to compare the questions to so you don't get lost or panic in making 8 or 10 copies of your master game board.

Comments

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

I've found myself largely believing this too and still hesitating to draw out the sub-boards. Thanks for the vote of confidence on them!