Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR Group Cycle for October Takers: Starting over, all over again

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited June 2015 in Study Groups 7965 karma
Ok, folks. Let's discuss options for BR groups heading towards October.

We have two matters to consider: Consideration done! Here's what we're doing:
  1. PT45 Tonight at 8pm EST (PM me to join, per the usual)
  2. PT46 on LSATurday, 8pm EST
  3. Friday Special! PT66 8pm EST. We'll be doing PT66 through PT71 over the next several Fridays; please specify if you want to do this special session—some of us want the opportunity to take these later tests twice before the October test date.
Next week, Wednesday will be PT47, Friday PT67, and Saturday PT48, and so on, and so forth, until we ride into the Oct 3rd tests on chariots of fire.

We do have a special request to switch the Wednesday session to a Tuesday session. For this week, obviously we will be meeting tonight, but I will raise the question on the call to see if everyone is ok with this change. I'll keep y'all posted with any changes.

_______
(Archive of original post follows)

1) Which tests to BR
My top priority is to get all the way through PT75 (June '15). I'm sure this is your priority, too. We have 34 sessions between now and September 30th if we meet twice weekly (with PT65 happening this Saturday), which should be the last group call for the Oct 3rd test.
That means we have to make a choice between:
1) Starting with PT36, making it to PT51 on August 1st, and then skipping ahead to PT59 on August 5th. That would mean we would skip tests that the group has already BR'ed (but I recognize that new people might not want to skip these tests).
2) Starting with PT45 and going all the way through to PT75. This is better for those who favor exposure to the newer tests over exposure to older tests. On the whole, this one would be my recommendation, but I want to see if others have a preference.

My question to you: Which course do we follow?

2) When to do the groups
I propose the following. Please either respond to this thread or PM me if you have strong objections.
—Every Saturday at 8pm EST (note the time change). Our sessions have been averaging around 3 hours (shorter than previous sessions) and I do not think 11pm is too late for most of the East Coasters to wrap up the call.
—Every Wednesday at 8pm EST (if we have a lot of West Coasters who work full time, we can perhaps find some wiggle room depending on how long your commutes are. I hesitate to set it any later as that would push the East Coasters near midnight by the time we finish)

My question to you: Do these days work for you?

To all who have participated or reached out to me about participating: Please make your lovely voices heard!
@Jengibre @jyang72 @susan777 @Matt1234567 @majilacudy3 @brna0714 @hj060815 @a554n558 @mpits001 @alexandergreene93 @woodyhey @iampenpal @sierravs @JMelissaRoby @bcervant @nvenega63 @jenifferk @gstar2015 @hylycdi! @ddakjiking @asamarie @lschoolgo @matthewj @btdean82 @louis2014 @mandavni @Afterthought @sagarpa @nye8870 @"C-A-T spelt dog" @"Jordan McMahon" @victoriap7 @"Quick Silver" @mariii_m @pujals @coreyjanson @clarkwass @jihyun.lee @lsathopeful @nch2092 @mkulkarni713 @"Matthew LLC"

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    And as always ... If you want to join in on some BR fun, PM me with your Skype handle.
    edited June 2015 7965 karma
    A note to people who work full time: I do, too (actually I have a full time M-F job and a part time pro-bono legal assistant gig but who's counting). Here's my plan to get in 2 PT's a week.

1) LSATurday: Take PT at 8:30AM. BR that bad boy on my own, as time allows. Join group BR at 8pm EST.
    2) Monday: Take PT at 6pm. BR that puppy on Tuesday, again, as time allows. Join Wednesday group at 8pm EST.

A note to people who have lives/families: Don't sweat it. Take the weekday PT whenever. Try to take the whole thing. If you can't, no prob; just join for the sections you were able to take. You'll still win by joining with others discussing the material. Drop off the call for the sections you weren't able to take. Or, just join us for one of the calls.

Remember, it's all win/win and LSAT Love.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Awesome! I'm completely fine with everything you stated. I'm available on both Saturday;s and Wednesday's, so there's no objection there. And I have no qualms with starting PT 45 instead of 36, whichever one the group prefers. I'm looking forward to these group sessions!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Sounds great! This monday will HOPEFULLY be my last time (2nd take). But if something goes wrong and I have to retake, I'll definitely join in.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Added to the BR thread!
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Yes to Saturday and Wednesday!

Yes to starting at 45! (although I'm also fine with going back to 36)

Hmmm...actually. This is tough. How much will we remember? I've retaken some tests myself and haven't had much recall (just a couple LR questions per section ringing bells and vague recollection of RC). But I wonder about redoing the tests we've gone through at length. Will we remember a lot more? Is that even bad?
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins
    I think starting in the 40s is better because that way we can BR two tests a week and finish PT 74 and 75 the week before the exam.

@ddakjiking Hopefully there will be no need for another retake. 7sage has provided you with the tools necessary to succeed. Best of luck!
  • mepujalsmepujals Alum Member
    103 karma
    Thank you for remembering me! The time for Saturday is great but I will probably get home about 5:15-5:30pm PST on Wednesdays if that isn't too late for east coasters (I can always miss the first 15-30 mins if it's not reasonable for everyone to change the start time). I have no preference whether we start at 36 or 45 since I can use tests that we don't get to for timed sections and drilling:) Let's gooooooooo!
  • a554n558a554n558 Alum Member
    31 karma
    Wednesdays and Saturdays work for me. I'm also fine with starting at 36 or 45. Thanks!
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    Prept test 45 is good. I am down for that.
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    That's great, thank you, and time is good. I was thinking of doing just odd or even PTs as Oct will be my first time taking the LSAT. So in case I don't do well I will have some fresh PTs to work on for December. What do you say?

See probably I will come in either Weds or Sats.

• sierravssierravs Alum Member
    5 karma
    As much as I love these reviews, I sincerely hope that Monday will be the last time I ever see an LSAT ever again (can we organize a PT burning party??). However I'll be there this Saturday for one last BR!
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    edited June 2015 68 karma
    You're awesome. If I Dont hit my goal monday , I'm in .
    7965 karma
    Thanks for all of the AWESOME input, guys. I'm seriously pumped. A lot of folks have PM'ed me as well; I'll try to assess data gathered here tomorrow (neck deep in trial prep ATM plus got to go to Rick Perry's presidential announcement today, which was *amazing*).

One final request ... If anyone tagged in this post does NOT plan to do BR groups (those of you who are taking on Monday, PM me if you end up eventually wanting to join or rejoin the group :) ), PM me or otherwise let me know so that I don't pester you by adding you to the Skype group.
  • majilacudy3majilacudy3 Member
    39 karma
    Either option works for me! Thank you for putting this together!
    7965 karma
    Hey guys. PT65 BR group will happen TONIGHT at 8pm EST (note time change)
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    My goal is to finish the curriculum in 1 week and start meeting up with you guys. I'm pumped!
  • myzzvimyzzvi Member
    11 karma
    I've PM you requesting to join the BR group. Let me know if you got it! Thanks.
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins
    Is there any way that we can have the BR group on Tuesday nights instead of Wednesday, or is Wednesday the only day that works for everybody else?
  • hj060815hj060815 Alum Member
    51 karma
    sounds good!!
  • AfterthoughtAfterthought Member
    48 karma
    Both days/times work for me. I've redone the hell out of PT 29-40 so starting from 45 works great :)

Thank you for putting this together~
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 said:
    @nicole.hopkins
    Is there any way that we can have the BR group on Tuesday nights instead of Wednesday, or is Wednesday the only day that works for everybody else?
    Tuesday might work, but I'd need to put everyone through another round of "hey guys will this work for you" :) So, if Wednesday is an impossibility for you, I can certainly do that!
    7965 karma
    I'll be putting together a Google Calendar and possibly a Google form for y'all.

PT45 will be the kick-off test for this round due to strong consensus; for now, let's assume it will be this Wednesday at 8pm EST.

For those who can't join exactly at that time, just join when you can for this one. We'll be able to get a better sense of who's got a long commute on the West Coast once we see how things shake out, what schedule adjustment[s] might be necessary for the weekday session.We all want to accomodate one another, so just make your voice[s] heard (either in this thread or PM me).

I likely won't be on this week's Wednesday call (trial prep) but hopefully this will be the only one I'll miss; it'll be great, just follow the BR song in your heart :)
    edited June 2015 1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins
    Wednesday is impossible for me until September. Let me know what the group's consensus is.
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 I'll field the question on next week's call; for now, maybe join us Friday and Saturday?
    1654 karma
    Great. Of course.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    If someone has to start late, what is the best way join the ongoing BR session?
    7965 karma
    @nye8870 Just add me back on Skype; I'll add you to the group (I assume tonight's? Others as well?) and you can just click "join call" whenever you're ready. I have to join late on some Saturdays and it's not a big deal at all.
    103 karma
    Is there something happening Friday?
    Also, due to work piling up this week, I haven't taken pt 45 yet but I still want to join the BR session....do you think it would still be beneficial to simply hear the discussion and follow along if only as a way to see how the group works? or is it better to skip out on it and do the PT instead (and BR by myself lol)?
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    Hey, I have some study materials I need to rid myself of. I have about 20 preptest (that have been done but can either be erased or used as study materials) and 3 Power Score Bibles (no marks). I am willing to send this stuff to the first person who wants it. Free, just send me a message.
    7965 karma
    @pujals The only potential downside to joining a group without having taken the test is that you might find that our discussion "spoils" the test for you, meaning, you won't truly be able to take it as a 100% "fresh" PT. If you're ok with that, then I see no problem. I would honestly be a little more concerned about that if this were a test after, say, PT50 or so. That's just my personal opinion and flies a bit in the face of JY's "don't burn through your PT's, you can never get them back" principle, but ultimately ... you do you :) Since you're joining us on Friday, I think that will be enough of an introduction to our group BR, and you shouldn't hesitate to just jump straight in with a test you've had the opportunity to take. We're gentle and all full of LSAT love :D
    7965 karma
    @pujals Yes, we're doing PT66 on Friday :) I'll add that to the above post !!
    103 karma
    awesome! I'll keep the test fresh and see you all Friday! luckily or unluckily, I've already taken 66:)
  • Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    edited June 2015 1332 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Thanks for organizing the blind review sessions! Please add me on skype @mrosa1210.

Looking forward to sharing the LSAT journey with you all.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Is there a google calendar for the prep tests we will be BR'ing leading up to the October test?
  • MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
    edited June 2015 368 karma
    @nicole.hopkins what test is this group currently on? I'd like to jump in.

Email: mmaritza.garcia@gmail.com
    Skype: ... don't have one (yet). Is this how everyone is dialing in?

Also, I noticed in an earlier response that you are PTing Mondays and Saturdays, with BR on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. What are you doing on Thursday, Friday and Sunday? Drilling? Taking time off?

I want to add in drilling during my off days (away from PTing and BR) but not really sure how to go about organizing the drilling sets. I am not sure where my weak areas are yet, so I'd like to just add sets in whenever I can. I am wondering what your strategy/organization was like.

Thanks!
    7965 karma
    @Mitzyyyy Yup, you'll need a Skype handle. Just add me (nikkers625) when you get one.

@nye8870 There's no Google calendar yet (because the remaining shreds of my sanity take precedence over organization at the moment ^_^;;;;;).

This week (all at 8pm EST):

Tonight: PT49
    Friday: PT68
    Saturday: PT50