Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difference between MSS and MBT?

My approach to both is to view the correct AC as a MBT and the four other ACs as CBT/CBF/MBFs. Similarly to MBT, for MSS will the correct answer always be an inference/ conclusion? If so, is the only real difference between MSS and MBT questions the question stem format? Or for MSS will the correct AC sometimes just be a statement that is a MBT but not necessarily an inference?

I guess bottom line is I'm asking how you all approach these two question stems, and if you have the same strategy for both? Or if there are significant differences between the two that warrant a different approach for both?

TIA!

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Hi @"Jahn.Snow":

Here's my rundown of things:

MBT: 100% true. This can be inferred from the logic in the stimulus. In general, the answer is explicitly stated in the stimulus, but you might have to do some logic to tease it out.

MSS: Most likely to be true. Not always 100% true. This type is different from CBT because the relationship between the correct answer choice and the stimulus is relatively quite strong, as in, maybe 90%+ likely to be true.