Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

practice scores vs. real scores

nikkihammond10nikkihammond10 Free Trial Member
For people who have taken the LSAT alrwady, what is typical as far as the difference between your average practice scores and the actual score from the real test? I'm averaging around 173-174 right now, and I'm curious to know if that is what I should expect on test day

Comments

• bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    I had a pretty steep drop the first time around, but I had been sick for a few days and got stuck in Seoul traffic on the way. Lots of anecdotes about "first-time" score drops, but I think it is really up to you.

Like the Sages say, look at your last three scores and it will be somewhere in that range.

If you have taken the PTs under realistic conditions, can relax, and have been consistent then you will match your PTs.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    My first time in Feb, I dropped like 5 points from my average. I think it was due to a combination of first time nerves and getting sick the week of the test. I'm scheduled to take it this monday at the exact same testing center and focusing on staying calm this weekend.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I dropped 4 points from my average as well. I didn't sleep until 2/3 the night before from test jitters and I freaked out an insane amount of people at the testing center because I couldn't calm my nerves so I was walking around like the energizer bunny.

My test day mentality this time around is to be flexible. Recognize that it might be a little chilly, or the desks aren't quite what you expected, and oh man, they added a circle game? But who cares? I've got this, I know this, and just apply what you know.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    Mine was about two points lower than my average in February, and my average is now ten points higher than that so i will likely be in a much better scoring "band"
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    Sleep is ridiculously important. Luckily, I have a prescription for Ambien due to my usual insomnia. I will have no problem banking 8+ hours on test day. If you can't sleep, I'd expect low performance.
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    like -5