Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to recover from a meltdown before the test...?

Gz412326Gz412326 Alum Member
in General 92 karma
I'm taking the LSAT outside the US so I have a couple more weeks to prepare but I just had a total meltdown on PT 71 yesterday. Worst score I have gotten thus far and when I reviewed the exam I saw many silly mistakes (misbubbling, ignoring the EXCEPT in the stem, entirely misreading the stem). I was taking the exam in a classroom where there was a lot of noise and music playing (?)...I want to chalk it up to these distractions but since I am so close to test day I want to nail down any issues I have now and now overlook them. Is there something bigger going on or do you guys occasionally have "off" days? How do you recover? Is there any value in retaking this exam this close to the test day? Thanks guys!

Comments

• Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    All that can possibly matter about that bad score is what you did wrong, and how you can correct.

Misbubbling? Practice with the bubble sheet every time until it's habit.

Not reading except? Pay attention..

Can't concentrate with distractions? Figure out some strategy to overcome that on test day.

Or whatever. The point is that no poor score on a prep test is a "bad thing" IMO.. it's only a "true thing" about your weaknesses in the exam and what might be stopping you from that 180.