Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable way to tell which section was experimental?

mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
in General 938 karma
Hello!

I've been reading around to see if there's a reliable way to see which section of the exam is the experimental. Apparently in today's times it is incredibly unreliable to tell which section it is. It could be any of the 5 sections, because they no longer default to keeping it in the first 3 sections. I feel like my test score is going to be made or broke (overall I think I still did better than last time) by which LG section was the experimental (If I am disclosing too much info then I'll quickly delete/edit this post.) One of the sections felt no different than any other LG section I had done, then the next one felt extremely foreign. I was able to figure out the games, but my confidence in some of the answer choices wasn't very high. Also, the formatting is extremely shitty when it comes to reading the answers in some LGs. I mean, we are already pressed for time, and having to take even a couple of extra seconds to decipher what is being read can throw people off. I kind of get it in the sense that it can weed people out (i.e. not let any average Joe who didn't study much easily read it) but still.

Yay it's over! For now...

Comments

• Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    Unless you're opposite of everyone on reddit, the hard one was real.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    edited June 2015 938 karma
    @"Dr. Yamata" and that's honestly bs lol, oh well, as long as I did better than last time!
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    Just go to the TLS june waiters thread. it has all been established. it is not hard to tell. especially if you had 2 rc/lg.
    578 karma
    It was an unusually hard lg section. Dont worry you are definitely not alone. It seems that lg was the curvebreaker this time.
    @rblackshear Yeah I found it! Thank you.

@"Dr. Yamata" I'm hoping there's a decent curve for the LG. I had only 5 minutes left for the last game. They were incredibly time consuming! I felt on top of the world after the first LG section. I don't feel I did horribly in any other section. Then again, it's a blur, so it's all a mystery until the score comes back and they figure out a curve.
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    hah np, just beware it is addictive
    578 karma
    Same.. I performed pretty much as expected on everything except good old LGs
    @"Dr. Yamata" Yeah I'm also reading that the RC was hard for some people, but I'm not entirely sure. LRs/RC and the experimental LG felt like PT 75. I didn't feel any more nervous or scared about the outcome! Thanks for the curve ball with the last game, LSAC!

@rblackshear Yeah I'm reading it and it feels addictive. I'm trying to stay away from most things that talk about the exam (minus this post), so I'll do my best to stay clear, haha!