Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2015 Waiters

Student76Student76 Alum Member
in June 2015 LSAT 324 karma
Alright, the waiting game starts. I don't think I saw another waiters discussion on here. Let me know if there is and I missed it. Would anyone like to take guesses on the release date? Considering there is a holiday weekend, I say July 2, just to get it out of the way.

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I'd put my money on June 29th. Someone posted the average wait time for June tests on TLS and 21 days was the average for the last 5 June tests.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    If you check your LSAC account it should say July 7th. Is that not correct?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @AlexanderL0 said:
    If you check your LSAC account it should say July 7th. Is that not correct?
    LSAC often releases the scores a few days earlier than the announced date.
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    Oh June,29 could be good because of the lower attendance of June test, didn't consider that!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I'm not totally convinced the time of release solely has to do with the amount of test takers. Feb (smallest group of the year) scores were released the night before the state score release. :P
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    Maybe they release it tomorrow?? (wouldn't that be nice..or better yet give us a computer that automatically gives us our scores?)
    324 karma
    I would rather give them time to decide that they want to withdraw a question!
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    Nursing students get their results soon after they finish... I'd think LSAC would invest in this technology at some point...
    324 karma
    This is why you get 8 days to cancel. You get to come home, scrutinize your performance, want to throw yourself off a building, then decide to cancel instead. Now the LSAC gets another $170 out of you. I wonder how many 165+ get cancelled because people think they blew it.
  • PetrichorPetrichor Alum Member
    359 karma
    @mpits001 are the nurse exams scaled though? LSAC takes much longer because your score has to be scaled against everyone else, they will need to determine cut offs, review questions for removal, rescale based on cancellations, factor in non-disclosed tests and probably other things we don't know. I think a month is a fair amount of time to process 20k+ exams.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    yeah no, the nursing exam is a pass or fail thats it... Nclex? (spelling?)
    324 karma
    Are cancellations removed from scale?
    938 karma
    Yeah I should have taken that into account! @Petrichor
    edited June 2015 359 karma
    @ashley3460 this is pure speculation but I am assuming that if cancellations are not proportionally distributed between across all score bands, yes it will affect scaling. For example if all of cancellations (assuming that cancellation numbers are statistically significant) are from people who would have scored 150 or below, LSAC will now have to readjust the scale so that only 1% of all remaining scores are at 173 or above, in this case, scale will be harsh. Again this is just what I think is the case, it could be different but it seems like the most balanced approach.
  • runLSATrepeatrunLSATrepeat Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    I'm pretty sure the curve is set before the test is administered so it wouldn't be affected by people canceling. But I could be wrong
    359 karma
    @runLSATrepeat I just Googled the issue and it looks like you could be correct! According to what I am reading (also non-official resource) you are actually competing against students from the previous 3 years instead of peers, interesting.
  • 168/3.79168/3.79 Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    The LSAT isn't scaled, it's equated with other tests. The part that's "equated" is the raw score conversion to actual score. The only part of the LSAT that is relative to your peers is the percentile distribution for a score, which is determined by the previous 3 years of LSAT takers.
    2116 karma
    http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/help-i-failed-the-lsat-june-edition/

Another blog from Spivey! This was really reassuring and I essentially stopped caring about how I did.
    324 karma
    Then I suppose the more interesting question is how it is equated? I would imagine the experimental portion of previous tests plays a big part in that.
    edited June 2015 324 karma
    http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/lsat-curve-test-equating-at-lsac.html

This is the first part of a series. Very interesting, the questions are pre equated using the experimental section results and then they are each run through the same evaluation after the actual test is administered. If there is a problem, that question is removed from scoring.
    239 karma
    @Petrichor It's not scaled based off everyone's performance, it's scaled off of the writers perceived difficulty before the exam is even given out.
    2116 karma
    @AlexanderL0 Yes and no. Using the data from the experimental sections over the past few years, LSAC writers integrate that with their perceived difficulty.
    324 karma
    I read the series that I posted and it seems like there are different things to consider, the "equating" and the "curve". With equating the difficulty level of questions, they will use the experimental section of LR for example. If most people who scored a170 (on the current test they are taking) got the question right, but most people with say a 160 didn't, then that is a harder question. If most people with a 170 got the question right and most people with a 150 also got it right, then that is an easier question. If most people that got a 170 got it wrong but most people that got a 150 got it right, that is most likely flawed in someway and would be tossed or revised. The results of the experimental sections determine how questions are classified and then they can select how many of each level go into each test.
    Regarding a curve. The way I read it, it is used to determine a scale based on the questions in the exam, before the exam(but all questions are reevaluated after the test is administered). If it is determined that a 170 is going to be -12 on that particular exam then that would be -3 per section, if a portion on the 170s get an experimental lg for example, and they get -6 on it, then that would be considered higher than expected and the curve for 170 would reflect that (When that question is part of an actual exam, not in the current test which was predetermined by the same process when it was experimental). If a 150 was assigned -40, so -10 per section, and they received the same experimental lg and got -10, then there is no adjusted curve (for those questions) for 150. That's how you keep the scores to mean the same thing regardless of who takes the tests. If a 150 in 2013 got these right, then a 150 in 2015 would be expected to meet the same standards. If a 170 in 2013 got these wrong, you are given the same opportunity to miss it too (essentially) and still receive the same score. By experimenting through out so many tests, with so many different samples, they are able to get an accurate representation going forward of what each scaled score equals based on the question chosen for the test.

I hope that makes sense, if not read the blog from the link above. I'm sure he explains it way better than I reexplained it.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I keep reading "Spivey" as Spidey...

• Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    938 karma
    LMAO @"Dr. Yamata" I didn't think that question was very hard, but it's all a blur, so I have no idea if I got it right or wrong!
    324 karma
    I had an experimental lr and I still don't think I have identified any of the questions that were on my lr section. Half the people are talking about vampires, nope. Some others say salt/gourmet chef, nope. Dolphins in construction?! Wtf, definitely no. So I at most didn't get to 1 question per segment. Could it only be the question people are using to describe their experimental? Doubtful. I'm not sure if it would help job my memory on where that section was for me even if I did know it, but I would really like to know what questions were on my experimental! Anyone else having the same issue?
    578 karma
    I remember next to nothing about the questions, actually. I was reminded about several of the topics posthumously by people who were apparently calmer or have better medium-term memories. From what I glean, however, there was more than 1 experimental LR given to different people.
    324 karma
    There were at least 2, but neither of those sound familiar to me. I definitely remember the confirmed ones, so it's so odd I can't recognize any of the experimental ones.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    Yeah, it sounds like there were at least a couple possible experimental LR sections. I had double LG myself, if you want to run some LR questions by me.

Random vent: I still have no idea about the mate in Paraguay question and the oval orbits question. I'm sure when I see the questions on PT 75 I'm gonna smack myself.
    938 karma
    Well everything seems like a blur for me, but I was pretty calm. I think for me it was like "oh this question is done, dump all forms of memory about it so I can continue to work." W/e that means lol!
    edited June 2015 324 karma
    I didnt have a problem with mate, but i dont recall the planet question so i have to assume its one i missed. I started at the begining but got caught up on so many (babies, cows) that at 15 i jumped to 25 and worked backwards. I dont think i finished so if planets was one of the 2 in the middle then it could have gotten my generic letter answer.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    yeh i remember them hoes... lol (had experimental LG)
    271 karma
    I couldn't tell you where planets was but I would estimate it was somewhere in the middle... somewhere haha. People keep talking about babies and cows, which I vaguely remember, but I actually have no idea how I felt about either of those questions. But people saying that mate was easy makes me sure that I missed a trick in the wording there. It always happens at least once in an LR section. What I definitely didn't remember was any of the content of any of the LG games until people mentioned them. I was like trees? Librarians? I guess.
    324 karma
    Salary, trees, librarians, magazine. If someone else says it first i can remember it, but i was definitely not one of those people that was thinking of it first. But really the prep tests were the same. Once the question served its purpose, gone, out of mind, on to the next.
    324 karma
    Is anyone planning on doing the 7sage law school course? I really like the idea, but I also would like an active community like the lsat prep has which the other course seems to be lacking. Does anyone know of any other courses like it?
    239 karma
    It's so frustrating because part of me thinks the babbling babies question was in my first LR, I had LR RC LR LR LG, but I'm almost certain based off other questions that LR1 was my experimental. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Something tells me this is gonna be a -12 scale for 170, although -14 would be great lol
    271 karma
    I would love (I think) a -12 scale! But based on the historic scales on Cambridge, the only -12 scale on a 100-question test ever was in October 2002. -10 is the most common.

The last five 100-question tests:

October 2008: -9
    December 2008: -11
    June 2012: -10
    October 2012: -10
    June 2013: -11

And yes I know this is a tad obsessive...
    578 karma
    Yes the LSAC hates you. They will not feel bad for you and give the test a huge curve. I already cried during the test. Time to build the bridge and get over it.
    324 karma
    F'ing 100 question test. Give me the extra question and the extra -4 to go with!
    938 karma
    Hey everyone! To let off some steam I was introduced to this band and this song in particular has really helped me unwind after the LSAT. So I wanted to share it with others in hope it would maybe help others!

• Mike SpiveyMike Spivey Free Trial Member
    267 karma
    Dillon, I spent much of my childhood being called Spidey :/.
    2116 karma
    Hey all! Hope the waiting game is tolerable for you guys! I've been relaxing this week and going out of the country for a week starting today but will be back on 7Sage then.
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    Me too. Question does anybody recommend manhatten reading comprehension ?
    68 karma
    Not sure how I did. So I'm getting ready for 10/3. Reading comprehension usually my best beat me last Monday.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @"Mike Spivey" welcome to 7Sage, I'm glad I sang their praises enough for you to make an appearance :)
    359 karma
    @gstar2015 I have the book and its is OK, uses some different methods from 7sage but if 7sage is working out for you there is no need, otherwise its a decent pickup for under 10 dollars from amazon.
    68 karma
    Honestly I just need to drill and time myself for RC. I'll review 7 sage and check out Cambridge .thx for replying .
    271 karma
    @gstar2015 I would recommend Manhattan RC. I learned RC mostly through the Trainer, but I bought the Manhattan RC ebook a few days before the test and read all the strategies but skipped the drills. I thought they had a lot of good tips on reading the passage as well as recognizing trap answers. Good luck!
    324 karma
    So someone in tls recently posted about a warm/cold blooded amphibian question, and it seems it may be part of the experimental. Finally! I had this question! I'm not registered on tls so I wasn't able to respond, but did anyone here have that lr question? If not, I may have finally located my experimental and from what I remember, it's exactly what I needed!