Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT scoring

mkdioceemkdiocee Member
edited September 2021 in General 79 karma

So I have a question concerning the LSAT scoring vs. LSAT flex scoring. I took the June LSAT, so I was studying with the flex, now I'm studying with the full four section test since I'm retaking in October, which is not the flex. The scoring is kind of confusing to me. These past few tests I have taken I've scored 157, 158, missing around 28 questions (across all four sections). On my previous tests, that were flex, when I missed that many, my score was much worse. I know the year of the test can kind of fluctuate scoring as well, but I was comparing tests from the same year (2010, still in the last decadeish), that were only a few months apart. Am I spending too much time looking at the number of questions missed, and should I just focus on the score I got? Is it because for these tests it's -28 over 4 sections whereas with the flex it would be -28 over 3, therefore resulting in a worse score? I don't want to get too into my head about this because I do feel like I am improving, but I wanted to make sure!

Now that I'm thinking about this a bit more; is it because only 3 sections are factored into your score, but 7sage shows how many were incorrect over all 4 sections? I feel like this is a very confusing question, but I hope someone can try and clarify it for me!

Comments

• Hey there!

The pre-pandemic LSAT, the regular exam we've come to know and love (or hate), had 5 sections, 4 of which were scored. Generally, you'd be answering 100-101 questions. If you get 25 wrong out of 100, your raw score is 75%.

The post-pandemic LSAT, the LSAT FLEX, has 3 scored sections, totaling 75-76 questions. The newer LSAT FLEX now has a 4th UNSCORED experimental section. If you get 25 wrong out of 75, your raw score is ~67%.

Hope this helps!