n/a

Wyatt 170Wyatt 170 Member
edited December 2021 in Law School Admissions 33 karma

//

Comments

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I would say a big fat yes on addenda for both. Cancer treatment is a darn good reason to see a gap in work as well as tank your LSAT score.

I think being honest about the effect that your illness has had will mitigate most red flags on your app, especially if you have managed to persevere in spite of it.

You could address this in your PS as well, but even so, a mention of how this effected your lsat and/or work history seems wholly appropriate.

• Wyatt 170Wyatt 170 Member
    33 karma

@sarakimmel said:
    I would say a big fat yes on addenda for both. Cancer treatment is a darn good reason to see a gap in work as well as tank your LSAT score.

I think being honest about the effect that your illness has had will mitigate most red flags on your app, especially if you have managed to persevere in spite of it.

You could address this in your PS as well, but even so, a mention of how this effected your lsat and/or work history seems wholly appropriate.

Thanks so much for your response Sara, I really appreciate it. My PS definitely touches on the effect diagnosis and treatment had on me as it's been the focal point of my life for a year now. That puts me at ease, thanks so much again.