Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many sections in the LSAT? 4 or 5?

insulterinsulter Member
in General 46 karma

I am confused. The LSAC.org says that "The test will have three scored sections — one section each of Reading Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning, and Logical Reasoning — and we will return to our pre-COVID practice of including a fourth, unscored variable section that will allow us to validate new test questions for future use and ensure that they are free from any form of bias. But I read other forms and they said there are 5 sections as 2 LR, 1 LG, 1 RC and 1 unscored section. So are there 4 or 5 sections totally?

Comments

• Heidi0715-1Heidi0715-1 Live Member
    52 karma

The "5th section" is the writing sample - three scored sections, one unscored section, and a writing sample.

• insulterinsulter Member
    46 karma

Thank you for your prompt answer! I am asking this because I want to be sure that LSAT contains 100 questions but 75 of them are scored and 25 of them unscored, right?

• Heidi0715-1Heidi0715-1 Live Member
    52 karma

Generally, yes. Sometimes you will get a section or multiple sections with 26 or 27 questions.

• andrew.rsnandrew.rsn Alum Member
    831 karma

Before Covid, there used to be a 2nd LR section so the total was 5 sections with one experimental. Since then, they've scrapped the 2nd LR section indefinitely, so now there are only 4 sections. 3 scored, 1 experimental.

• insulterinsulter Member
    46 karma

Finally, I got it and I am very clear now. Thank you so much!