Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with LR and LG

E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
edited October 2013 in General 377 karma
Recent LSAT score is 154. Breakdown is LG 12, LR 15, LR 15, RC 20.
I am struggling with LG and LR a bit. My goal is to hit 160 by december. Can anyone help me out? I am 75% done with the 7sage course. How should I plan the remainder of my studies? Should I start taking two prep test per week?

Comments

• Rasheed N.Rasheed N. Free Trial Member
    65 karma
    I used the LG Bible book as a supplement to this course and it's worked wonders. I'm getting -0 to -3 so I would recommend that.
  • ..Jamie....Jamie.. Alum Member
    22 karma
    Hi Erick26,

For LG, I attempt one game at a time with a loose time constraint (8-12 mins), check answers, and watch video explanation right after. Memorize the inferences, then do that game over and over under strict time constraints (5-8 mins). One game at a time really helped me focus on game-specific inferences and identity weak games. After doing this a few times, your initial loose time constraint will get shorter and shorter. Then I recommend moving on to whole sections at a time under 35 min constraint. Do as many as you can. I did 18-29 PT sections on two days and the cram improved my skills immensely. I score avg. -3 on PTs.

For LR, practice, practice, practice. The questions just kind of took care of themselves when you do enough of them. Do whole sections, identity your weak question types and handle them one at a time. Take notice of questions that you mistakenly thought you got correct because chances are you will repeat the same fallacious reasoning. These are the most important to tackle. After completing about 20 PTs, I avg. at -3 per test.

On the bright side, at least you are already doing well in RC! Are you taking the December test?
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    edited October 2013 377 karma
    Yes. I am aiming for december test. To be honest, I started my first PT at 139 about 10 months ago. 10 months later of studying I was able to hit 158 once. But my average is about 154. I plan on taking about 10 more PT in november. I hope that I pick up the score. I am loosing hope here!
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited October 2013 14022 karma
    I highly recommend that you do what Jamie does.

I updated the lesson to include this:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/fool-proof-guide-to-perfection-on-logic-games/
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    Thank to both Jamie and J.Y. Ping. I will get to work!
    Feeling good about the peer support that I am getting from 7sage discussions!
  • ..Jamie....Jamie.. Alum Member
    22 karma
    Don't worry about it, you're doing fine! I'm taking it in December also. Good luck on your studies :)