Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I take the LSAT before logic games are removed? And any idea when exactly they'll be removed?

Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
edited December 2021 in General 2239 karma

I am a senior in undergrad and plan to work for 2 years before attending law school. My current plan is to take the LSAT in the spring/summer of 2023 and apply to law schools in the fall of 2023. I just heard about LSAC's past announcement that they'd be removing logic games from the LSAT in 2023, however, and it's making me question if I should change my plans some.

I am yet to start studying for the LSAT, but I'm concerned for a couple of reasons. First, from what I've heard, it seems the logic games are the easiest section of the test to "master." Therefore, I'm concerned the test will be harder without them. Second, and perhaps more importantly, if LSAC creates a totally new section for the LSAT to replace logic games (meaning they don't just add an extra LR or RC section to replace logic games), there will be no official practice tests to practice for the new section. Seeing as past tests seem to be an integral resource when prepping for the LSAT, this seems like a bit of a nightmare.

All of this brings me to ask a couple of question:
1. Does anybody know when exactly (meaning which month of 2023) LSAC plans to remove logic games from the test?

2.To me, it seems that it would be wise to take the LSAT before the logic games are removed (because of LG being the easiest section to master and there being ample practice tests to study for them). As aforementioned, my plan has always been to take the LSAT in the spring/summer of 2023. Therefore, I've always planned to start studying for the LSAT after I graduate in May of 2022 (because I'd like to have at least a year to prep). If logic games may be removed by January of 2023, however, it seems it may be wise to take the LSAT before then. So if I started studying in May, that would only leave me 7 or 8 months to study. So would it be wise for me to instead start studying for the LSAT after my final exams end in December and take it before January of 2023? I have a pretty high GPA and I'm only taking a couple of classes before graduating next semester, so I have no concerns that studying while in school would hurt my GPA.

Apologies for the long question! I just don't want to mess up studying for the LSAT. I'm super appreciative of any responses or input!

Comments