Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A huge Thank You to JY and 7Sage!

Qiran_catranQiran_catran Alum Member
edited December 2021 in General 103 karma

I got 173 and I hope JY can see my post, because I couldn't do it without the curriculum and the blind reviews. I also hope JY still remembers me, since I was always on the blind reviews back in 2019.
I also got a lot of advice about studying LSAT from JY, which was pretty helpful. Since English is not my mother language, and I have zero foundation in logic or critical thinking, it took me a while to get familiar with the test. I didn't even have an initial score before I started the LSAT journey. I didn't dare to calculate my initial score. I guess it was at most 138 because my LG section was blank. I was terrible at games.
It was very frustrating when I started. I tried a couple of LSAT study platforms and books, including Blueprint, LSAT courses at my university, A Self-Training Guild to LSAT, Powersocre, Manhattan, and finally 7Sage. I won't say that the other studying materials weren't effective, but they are just not right for me. I really enjoy the 7Sage curriculum because it explained everything from the beginning. I didn't realize I even missed something very basic before I started to learn the curriculum. For example, I didn't know when I read a stimulus, I should first separate background information and the main argument. It was very basic, and I believe all other studying materials have mentioned it at some point, but I did not catch it. It was when I watched the courses on 7Sage that I realized it was super important to do so in order to get to the right answer.

For 7Sagers who are still preparing for the test, my advice will be to find a teacher that suits your way of studying. It is more effective for me to listen and watch videos when I learn, so 7Sage was a perfect fit for me.
I also found out that redoing the curriculum once in a while was extremely effective for me. JY also mentioned it a few times when giving the blind reviews, which was one of the helpful tips I got for attending the blind reviews! I always learned something new when I redo the videos.

Can't thank JY and 7Sage enough for this amazing community on my journey to law school!

Comments

• 206 karma

Congrats on the score!

• Cherry - Student ServiceCherry - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    1428 karma

@Qiran_catran said:
    I got 173 and I hope JY can see my post, because I couldn't do it without the curriculum and the blind reviews. I also hope JY still remembers me, since I was always on the blind reviews back in 2019.
    I also got a lot of advice about studying LSAT from JY, which was pretty helpful. Since English is not my mother language, and I have zero foundation in logic or critical thinking, it took me a while to get familiar with the test. I didn't even have an initial score before I started the LSAT journey. I didn't dare to calculate my initial score. I guess it was at most 138 because my LG section was blank. I was terrible at games.
    It was very frustrating when I started. I tried a couple of LSAT study platforms and books, including Blueprint, LSAT courses at my university, A Self-Training Guild to LSAT, Powersocre, Manhattan, and finally 7Sage. I won't say that the other studying materials weren't effective, but they are just not right for me. I really enjoy the 7Sage curriculum because it explained everything from the beginning. I didn't realize I even missed something very basic before I started to learn the curriculum. For example, I didn't know when I read a stimulus, I should first separate background information and the main argument. It was very basic, and I believe all other studying materials have mentioned it at some point, but I did not catch it. It was when I watched the courses on 7Sage that I realized it was super important to do so in order to get to the right answer.

For 7Sagers who are still preparing for the test, my advice will be to find a teacher that suits your way of studying. It is more effective for me to listen and watch videos when I learn, so 7Sage was a perfect fit for me.
    I also found out that redoing the curriculum once in a while was extremely effective for me. JY also mentioned it a few times when giving the blind reviews, which was one of the helpful tips I got for attending the blind reviews! I always learned something new when I redo the videos.

Can't thank JY and 7Sage enough for this amazing community on my journey to law school!

Congratulations on your score! Will definitely pass your feedback to J.Y. and the rest of the 7Sage team :)