Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tutors available?

blackmambablackmamba Member
in General 96 karma

Hey y'all, is there any high scorer out there who would be willing to hone their teaching skills by tutoring me? I'm defining 'high' as 170.

Comments

• Scott MilamScott Milam Member Administrator Moderator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1306 karma

Hi Blackmamba!

I'm the lead tutor here at 7Sage! All of our tutors are 173+ scorers (several of us scored 180). We would be happy to take you on as a client!

You can find our pricing info here: https://7sage.com/lsat-tutoring

I'd be happy to set up a free consult where I will go over your analytics and explain how our tutors can help you achieve your goal score!

Best,
    Scott

• blackmambablackmamba Member
    edited January 2022 96 karma

Hey Scott,

Much appreciated, but 7sage's tutoring is too rich for my blood.

• 14 karma

Woah. I just looked at 7sage tutoring prices and my gosh that is insane.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited January 2022 2249 karma

They're definitely available. The proper questions to ask are whether you could afford them and if you could, should you tutor at rates like that, especially since there really is no guarantee your score will increase. While it is essential that the tutor have a firm grasp on the material, I've encountered multiple tutors who scored 170+ who don't know how to teach the material. Being able to perform well on the test and teach the material are two different things.

• lawyer2021lawyer2021 Member
    536 karma

I totally agree with you Ashley some people who score very well on the LSAT don't know how to teach it.

• blackmambablackmamba Member
    96 karma

The question actually isn't about if I can afford it, nor is it about tutor rates. Even with an expert tutor, there is no guarantee that the teaching style will match my learning style.
    What I asked for was a willing person to help me out. As you said you've encountered multiple people who scored 170+ who didn't teach the material well, but as I'm sure you've already learned, that doesn't imply that a person who scored 170+ is a bad teacher either. 170+ implies a firm grasp of the material as you alluded to.
    So while I appreciate your response it actually doesn't help me at all. Ciao.

@Ashley2018 said:
    They're definitely available. The proper questions to ask are whether you could afford them and if you could, should you tutor at rates like that, especially since there really is no guarantee your score will increase. While it is essential that the tutor have a firm grasp on the material, I've encountered multiple tutors who scored 170+ who don't know how to teach the material. Being able to perform well on the test and teach the material are two different things.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    edited January 2022 2249 karma

@blackmamba said:
    The question actually isn't about if I can afford it, nor is it about tutor rates. Even with an expert tutor, there is no guarantee that the teaching style will match my learning style.
    What I asked for was a willing person to help me out. As you said you've encountered multiple people who scored 170+ who didn't teach the material well, but as I'm sure you've already learned, that doesn't imply that a person who scored 170+ is a bad teacher either. 170+ implies a firm grasp of the material as you alluded to.
    So while I appreciate your response it actually doesn't help me at all. Ciao.

@Ashley2018 said:

Wow.

All I was just trying to help so you or anyone who happens upon this post who also needs tutoring don't fall into the trap of just tutoring with anyone who had a 170. I've felt that desperation before of just wanting a tutor, any tutor, and am trying to provide some tips. And nowhere in my post did I even imply that people who scored 170+ were "bad teachers." All I am trying to qualify the claim that 170+ score---> good tutor. Maybe this is obvious to you but I could tell you that it took me quite a bit of time and a hell of a lot of pain, both emotional and financial, to realize that this wasn't true.

"Ciao."