Are full rides + housing stipends a thing?

Hey y'all. I was wondering if it is realistic to hope for a full ride and maybe a housing stipend? I'm looking to go to UCLA or USC, applying as an URM with a 3.9 GPA and 177 LSAT. I couldn't apply for any of their ED scholarship programs, is that the only way those are given out or is there still a chance for me? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Former admissions officer here. Each school has its own process and reasons for offering partial scholarships, housing stipends, or full rides. Financial incentives like these are often used to secure commitments from those candidates in which the school is most interested. You can see how many matriculating students received full tuition waivers or more from USC or UCLA (or any other ABA law school) going back 10 years at https://www.abarequireddisclosures.org/Disclosure509.aspx. Go to the 509 disclosures, pick a year, pick a school, run the report, and look under the section called Grants and Scholarships. In my experience, if a candidate's stats are at or above a school's 75%, it is common to see a school offer some sort of financial incentive. Good luck!