Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SO confused! PLS help! Are you taking 4 or 3 section preptests?

ellewoods2ellewoods2 Member
in General 55 karma

I know the actual LSAT right now is 4 sections (1 of them being experimental). I'm a bit confused though - if we take a 4 section preptest on 7Sage, we get a score that takes into account ALL sections. But the actual LSAT only scores us based on 3 sections right? Since one of them is experimental?

Comments

• Maureen --Student Service--Maureen --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    404 karma

Hi there,

Yes, the new LSAT format has three scored sections (1LR, 1LG, 1RC) and one unscored/experimental variable section.

If you take PrepTests 90, 91, or 92 on 7Sage, only 3 sections will be scored. The fourth variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

But if you take any other PrepTest on 7Sage, all 4 sections will be scored. If you want to estimate your score with only 3 sections, you can use our Flex Score Converter on this page: https://7sage.com/lsat-flex-score-converter/

You can also take 3-section PrepTests on 7Sage by simulating Flex. To simulate LSAT Flex, please check the box labeled "Simulate Flex" next to the PrepTest name in the Digital Tester. This will skip the second LR section. See the example GIF below:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

• earplaw47earplaw47 Core Member
    58 karma

take 4 section tests to simulate a rreal test day. just randomly choose a section and put it in your problem sets, then press simulate flex on the test. Then randomly choose wherre to inserrt the extra section wherever you want because you won't know which one is experimental on the test. That's what I do at least but I don't think simulate flex alone is enough