Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How was your experience with the LSAT writing interface?

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited February 2022 in General 5740 karma

Hi all,

For those of you who have completed the LSAT writing portion, do you mind sharing with me your experience with the LSAT writing interface?

Thank you for your help!

LSAT Writing Interface
  1. Were you able to select text on the interface?3 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
  2. Did you outline your essay on scratch paper?3 votes
    1. Yes, I outlined my essay on scratch paper
      33.33%
    2. No, I outlined my essay in the text box provided
      66.67%
  3. Could you copy, cut, and paste?3 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. No
        0.00%
  4. Did you try to navigate the text with keyboard shortcuts like OPTION LEFT-ARROW, OPTION DELETE etc.?3 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
  5. Did you use the spell-checker?3 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
  6. Did you run out of time?3 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%

Comments

• notethxnnotethxn Member
    5 karma

Mine wouldn't let me use the "space" bar during my test! I had to type the entire thing without spaces, and go through to manually space each word out after I finished my response.

• Bananag4Bananag4 Core Member
    13 karma

I couldn't figure out how to tab over for the beginning of a paragraph so I just put a space between each paragraph. I'm sure I'm not the only person who had trouble with taking a non-blurry photo of my driver's license.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@notethxn and @Bananag4

Thank you so much for your comments. This is very helpful.

• reilly.j.doddreilly.j.dodd Core Member
    57 karma

I know this will probably be a minority position, given the results, but I did not outline the essay either in the textbox or on scratch paper, just in my head. Clicked No so I could submit the results for the first question

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @"reilly.j.dodd"

Got it! Thank you for your response. I appreciate it!

• jennyjenny Member
    8 karma

Just finished it and moderately freaking out. No issues with the interface and yes, I outlined on scratch paper. However, despite turning off all notifications on my laptop, my daughter "liked" a text I sent this morning and it popped up, with about 2 minutes left. Not sure what to do about it at this point, but freaking out. SO, make sure you double and triple check that you turned off all notifications on your computer!!!!

5740 karma

Hi @jenny,

Thank you for your response and advice to other test takers. I really appreciate it!