Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FULL***Study Group for June 11, 2022 and August 12, 2022 LSAT***FULL

sdumlaosdumlao Member
edited March 2022 in Study Groups 187 karma

THIS STUDY GROUP IS AT CAPACITY Thank you, everyone. I wish you the best of luck in your studies!****

Hello, Everyone!

(Sort of a long post warning.)

Monday, March 14, 2022 to June 11, 2022 is roughly 90 days, and just over 150 days until the August 12, 2022 LSAT.

I am aiming to take the June 11 LSAT and most likely the August 12 LSAT. I am also targeting September 30, 2022 as a personal deadline to get my applications in. To that end, the study group I am proposing would include the prep for the test and potentially peer support for the application process.

I personally have the self-control/discipline of a soggy newspaper when it comes to making myself sit down and study for the LSAT and need to create a space/time where I am held accountable for my study time. Therefore, I’m looking for folks interested in being study and/or accountability buddies to meet virtually over zoom.

I recognize that we are all in different places in our LSAT journey and also have different goals regarding our scores and potential law schools we’d like to attend. Some of us may still have to complete the core curriculum—or complete it again—, others may have finished everything and are using a supplement to 7sage; whatever it is or wherever you’re at is perfectly fine and you are welcome in this group.

This group is open to all with the caveat that it be a judgement free place.

To keep it inclusive and supportive, I propose that our official LSAT score goals and current practice test scores be kept private from each other.

If there are questions that have particularly stumped you or something you’ve finally had a breakthrough on, there will be one day a week to share that on, but for the most part the study plan/schedule I’ve proposed below is a mostly silent zoom meeting arrangement.

Monday through Friday, I will be studying from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM PST (five or so minutes in the beginning to get settled and then a ten minute break sometime in the middle and five minutes at the end to wrap up) and then another hour in the evening from 7:30 PMish to 8:30 PMish. These meetings will be a silent (except at intro 5 min, break, and end 5 min) zoom meeting where we would work though our own LSAT prep.

Saturdays, I will be focusing on practice tests 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM (10 min break around 3:10 PM). I will be using a virtual proctor/YouTube video for this to simulate testing day.

Sundays will be for blind review and if there are any problems the group wants to try to look at and figure out together and maybe a bit more of an opportunity to socialize/commiserate/brainstorm/share resources, etc. 2:00 PMish to 4:00 PMish

You don’t have to commit to every day or the full time on each day for the study sessions to be a part of this group.

If there are interested parties in this study arrangement, I was thinking that this Sunday, March 13 around 7:00 PM PST we could have a virtual meet and greet on zoom to get to know each other a bit before we get into the study grind on Monday, March 14, 2022.

My goal is to create an inclusive and supportive study group and maybe make a few new friends along the way.

Study Schedule starting March 14, 2022 to June 10, 2022:

Monday: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM; 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Tuesday: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM; 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM; 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM; 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Friday: 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM; 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM
Saturday: 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Sunday: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM

If you are interested please comment below or send me a message and I’ll send you a zoom link for the meeting on Sunday, March 13, 2022. If you are reading this post after March 13, 2022 and are interested, comment below or message me.

Per 7Sage's discussion rules please refrain from including your private information (i.e. email addresses and phone numbers, etc) in your comments.

Thank you so much for reading my post. I hope we can be study buddies!

-S.

Comments

• cjbarela08cjbarela08 Member
    17 karma

Hi! I’m interested!

• JDream2023JDream2023 Alum Member
    984 karma

I am interested.

• Toilet MafiaToilet Mafia Member
    16 karma

I'm in. Let's do this.

• Wild StrawberryWild Strawberry Core Member
    112 karma

I am in

• kels.graykels.gray Member
    3 karma

I'm definitely interested.

• Justinnnn-1Justinnnn-1 Member
    78 karma

Hi! I have the same goal as well. I have just finished the CC and am looking for a group to study with for the June and/or Aug test, as well as help each other see things through a better perspective based on our strengths. I can do your Monday to Friday PM schedule and am free for both weekend times. I started my LSAT practice on Dec 28th and haven't missed a day since (besides new years).

• 22 karma

Hello! I am also very interested. I can do your PM schedule during the week and then on the weekends too.

• 22 karma

I am available to join starting Monday.

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, New Study Buddies ( @cjbarela08 @JDream2020 @"Toilet Mafia" @Better_Late_Than_Never @"kels.gray" @Justinnnn-1 @rfgarciaespino ),

I sent you each a message with the zoom invite for tomorrow's virtual meet and greet. If you can't make it no worries, just let me know so I can be sure to message you about the resources I've found that I'll talk about in the zoom meeting tomorrow.

I will still be sending along the zoom invites for the study sessions both morning and evening times as well as the weekend sessions shortly!

I'm looking forward to (e)meeting you and studying along side you!

-S.

• lsatpatternslsatpatterns Member
    148 karma

I’m interested!

• sheenak0909sheenak0909 Alum Member
    88 karma

Hi. I am interested : )

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi New Study Buddies ( @"cat woman" @sheenak0909 ),

(this is just copied and pasted from my comment above, but I wanted to make sure you both felt included too!)

I sent you each a message with the zoom invite for tomorrow's virtual meet and greet. If you can't make it no worries, just let me know so I can be sure to message you about the resources I've found that I'll talk about in the zoom meeting tomorrow.

I will still be sending along the zoom invites for the study sessions both morning and evening times as well as the weekend sessions shortly!

I'm looking forward to (e)meeting you and studying along side you!

-S.

• HLS JDJLHLS JDJL Member
    15 karma

I m in Ninja Turtle

• HLS JDJLHLS JDJL Member
    15 karma

I am in.

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, Ninja Turtle,

Great to have you join our group!

I sent you a message earlier with the zoom invite for tomorrow's (March 13) virtual meet and greet. I also sent you a few more messages with the zoom invites for the different study sessions.

I look forward to (e)meeting you and studying along side you!

-S.

• iamBK170iamBK170 Free Trial Member
    38 karma

i'm in

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, iamBK170,

Glad to have you join our group!

I just sent you a message with the zoom link for tomorrow's (March 13) virtual meet and greet at 7:00 PM PST.

I will be sending you a few more messages with the different zoom link invites shortly.

I look forward to (e)meeting you and studying alongside you!

-S.

• aheminger97aheminger97 Alum Member
    96 karma

Hi there! I'm also interested

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, aheminger97,

Welcome to our group, I'm glad to have you join!

I just sent you a message with the zoom link for today's (March 13) virtual meet and greet at 7:00 PM PST.

I will be sending you a few more messages with the different zoom link invites for the study sessions shortly.

-S.

• strugglingplantmom-1strugglingplantmom-1 Alum Member
    18 karma

Hi, I'm interested! I commute to work so I won't make all of these times, but the weekends would be really useful! Also on the same three month schedule

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @vvcorrales,

Welcome to our group, it's great to have you join!

I totally understand having a busy schedule and having to commute to work makes it doubly hard, but I'm really glad you're making the commitment to studying that works best for you. Please don't worry if you can't make it to all of our meetings, I get that it is a demanding schedule for the next 12 or so weeks together. Thank you for communicating in advance regarding your schedule!

I just sent you a message with the zoom link for tonight's (March 13) virtual meet and greet at 7:00 PM PST. (Again, if you can't make it-- no worries, just let me know so I can be sure to message you about some of the resources I'm hoping to talk about in the meeting.)

I will be sending you a few more messages with the different zoom link invites for the study sessions shortly.

-S.

• Evonne1027Evonne1027 Core Member
    13 karma

I am interested!

• Evonne1027Evonne1027 Core Member
    13 karma

I am interested!

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, destinyw418,

Welcome!

I just sent you a message with the zoom invite for tonights meet and greet!

I'll send you more messages shortly.

-S.

• mikhalatmikhalat Core Member
    9 karma

I'm interested!

• myabestman-1-1-1-1myabestman-1-1-1-1 Core Member
    9 karma

I'm interested!

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @mikhalat and @myabestman ,

It's great to have you both join our study group, I'm excited to have you!

I've just messaged each you the zoom invite link for the morning study sessions.

I'll be sending you other messages with the different zoom invites for the different study sessions shortly!

I'm looking forward to (e)meeting both of you and studying along side you!

-S.

• srobsrob Core Member
    edited March 2022 13 karma

Hi @sdumlao, thanks for this post :smile: I guess I missed the zoom but I am definitely taking the LSAT in august and would love to join the study group. Im in the Army so dont have a regular study schedule but would love to join in when I can!

• JJFutureLawyer-1-1-1JJFutureLawyer-1-1-1 Core Member
    34 karma

HI I am interested!!!

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

@srob said:
    Hi @sdumlao, thanks for this post :smile: I guess I missed the zoom but I am definitely taking the LSAT in august and would love to join the study group. Im in the Army so dont have a regular study schedule but would love to join in when I can!

Hi, @srob ,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm excited to have you join our study group!

Right now, I know we have at least one other military member in our study group-- yay, you already have something in common with someone studying along side you!-- Definitely don't worry about having a fluctuating schedule, I understand; I'm just glad you're making the commitment to studying that works best with your schedule.

I've just messaged you with our Morning Study Schedule Zoom invite.

I'll be sending you a few more messages with the other zoom invite links shortly!

-S.

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @"Jaylene.coss" ,

I'm happy to have you join our study group!

I've just messaged you the Morning Zoom Study session invite link.

I will be sending you more messages with the other zoom links shortly!

Looking forward to (e)meeting you and studying along side you!

-S.

• 12 karma

Hi! I am interested

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @leahhawthornee ,

I'm happy to have you join our group!

I sent you a couple of messages with the different zoom invite links for our study sessions.

-S.

• countingstarscountingstars Core Member
    10 karma

interested!

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @countingstars ,

I'm glad to have you join our study group!

I've just sent you a few messages with the different zoom invite links for the different study sessions.

-S.

• miistatjmiistatj Core Member
    15 karma

Hi! Super interested! Hope its not too late for me to join!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

I am very interested!

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @007tjle and @Alice003 ,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome! I'm happy to have both of you join our study group!

I've just sent you both a few messages with the different zoom invite links for the different study sessions.

-S.

• 258 karma

Interested!

• sashasamraa-1-1-1-1sashasamraa-1-1-1-1 Alum Member
    30 karma

Please send me the zoom invite

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @Shambhabi and @sashasamraa-1-1-1-1-1-1 ,

Wonderful to have you both join our study group! Thanks for reaching out and welcome!

I've just sent you both a few messages with the different zoom invite links for the different study sessions.

-S.

• I'm interested!

• bhattiatiq63bhattiatiq63 Core Member
    9 karma

I am interested!!

• paynesm-1paynesm-1 Core Member
    11 karma

I'm interested!!

• nankoshanankosha Core Member
    8 karma

Hi! I'm interested, is there still room?

• julius.olalusijulius.olalusi Live Member
    14 karma

Hi! I am interested in joining as well! Honestly, really need companionship through this journey!

• mikaylag-1mikaylag-1 Member
    62 karma

I'm interested!

• sdumlaosdumlao Member
    187 karma

Hi, @tradericka98 @bhattiatiq63 @paynesm-1 @"julius.olalusi" @mikaylag ,

Welcome! I happy to have you all express interest and join our study group!

I've send each of you a couple of messages with the different zoom link invites for the different study sessions.

@"julius.olalusi" said:
    Hi! I am interested in joining as well! Honestly, really need companionship through this journey!

@"julius.olalusi" Thank you for reaching out! Challenging things are a bit easier to burden together, right? Looking forward to being your study buddy!

I look forward to (e)meeting each of you and studying along side you all.

-S.

• 22 karma

I am interested

• julius.olalusijulius.olalusi Live Member
    14 karma

Thanks for the invitation. It looks like I got the link for Sundays but not the link for weekday/daily study. Please let me know if you can forward it again! And thanks for being a leader!