Already took PTJ2007 before enrolling - is there a way I can do blind review still?

mickaelasmithmickaelasmith Member
in General 11 karma
Hi all!

I'm new to the course and trying to get into the 7sage techniques. One of my first lessons is the June 2007 PT, which I took a couple weeks ago before enrolling here. I scored the whole thing and got a result. Now I'm not sure if it's possible for me to do a blind review on it? I marked which were wrong and wrote all over it. Should I just move on and make sure to do it with all my future PTs, or is there a way for me to BR this specific test?

Thank you! :)

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    You could print/obtain a fresh copy and do it that way, that's assuming you don't really remember which ones are incorrect. Even if you do, any type of review is better than no review.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'd say just go ahead and retake the whole PT untimed since you weren't circling BR questions before, and for BR it doesn't matter that you've seen the questions before, just that you can work your way through the reasoning/argument structures... Obviously this score should be a bit higher than a real BR score, but it should still give you an accurate picture of where your skills are at.
  • mickaelasmithmickaelasmith Member
    11 karma
    I think I'll just retake it then and do the BR. Thank you!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    That would work as well, good luck!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I'd say just go ahead and retake the whole PT untimed since you weren't circling BR questions before, and for BR it doesn't matter that you've seen the questions before, just that you can work your way through the reasoning/argument structures...
    I think you'll be in a good position to see ... "Hey yeah, I really am struggling with this one" versus "Oh I just read that one wrong the first time through—that's why I was so confused," or "Oh I was rushing at this point so didn't read carefully enough." The first scenario I described is, to my mind, where BR really gets effective. It's super important to figure out WHY you're struggling, what the gaps in understanding are, etc.