Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can LG target times add up to more than 35 for a section?

KevinLuminateLSATKevinLuminateLSAT Alum Member
in Logic Games 983 karma

I've read elsewhere that target times are the average time taken by people who go -0/-1 on the section.

But how is it that some sections' target times add up to more than 35 minutes? For example, PT62, PT57, PT88, PT1, among others.

Comments

• mz.roganmz.rogan Alum Member
    36 karma

yes i have noticed this too but sometimes the video speakers speaks differently then the target time that is posted.

• ryanlattavo21ryanlattavo21 Member
    11 karma

Because getting a perfect on these sections is incredibly difficult, especially PT 88. I think 7Sage gauges target times based per game and not per section. These PTs have such hard LG’s that it exceeds 35 minutes.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

They're estimates. Sometimes to go -0 you've got to be better than average!

• KevinLuminateLSATKevinLuminateLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2022 983 karma

I suppose I really was just wondering mathematically what was going on. Seems like the averages must be done by people who go -0/-1 on the individual game, but not necessarily the whole section? Or something like that? If it's based on people who go -0/-1 for the whole section then wouldn't the total have to equal 35 or less since people wouldn't be able to exceed 35 for the whole section when they take the test (excluding extra time takers)? Am I missing something?