Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scoring 4 sections versus 3 sections

cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
edited April 2022 in General 496 karma

I was just wondering when you take a PT, if you complete all four sections but at the very end click "simulate modern" (formerly simulate flex) to have a more accurate score which you would see on test day, would that extra section and all your answers still be saved?
Thx!

Comments

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    edited April 2022 848 karma

Hi there,

No, your answers from the extra section will not be saved. If you complete all four sections but change it to "Simulate Modern" and click Save and Score LSAT, only three sections will be saved and scored.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’m happy to help!

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@"Paula --Student Service--" would it be more accurate to judge how you are doing by only scoring the 3 sections?

• Paula --Student Service--Paula --Student Service-- Member Administrator Student Services
    848 karma

@cpeaks13 said:
    @"Paula --Student Service--" would it be more accurate to judge how you are doing by only scoring the 3 sections?

Hi @cpeaks13 ,

When preparing for LSAT, we generally recommend that students take full 4 section PrepTests as a good way to prepare so when you take LSAT, it will seem easy with only 3 sections. However, this is a personal choice.

If you took a standard 4-section PrepTest, you can estimate your score with only 3 sections by using our Flex Score Converter which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for the reduction in the number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'm here to help!

• rwolf_wolf9rwolf_wolf9 Member
    edited July 2022 10 karma

@cpeaks13 said:

I've been wondering the same thing. The advice I see most often is to take 4 sections, but I consistently score higher when I do that. I recently realized that when I "simulate modern" or use the flex score converter, my score's like 3 points lower.

I think my plan going forward is to keep taking 4 section tests, and scoring them as such, so all my answers are saved. Then use the flex converter to remind myself that my test-day score will likely be lower. I'd love to hear others' thoughts/strategies.