Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doing Practice Tests on LawHub vs 7Sage

Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
in General 102 karma

Hi everyone, I apologize if this is a bit long. I'm going to begin taking practice tests soon to hopefully take the test around August to October of this year. I've been researching and debating how best to do practices tests between LawHub and 7Sage. I now seek the opinion of the 7Sage community.

I am leaning towards doing them all on LawHub to use the correct testing format in the self-paced mode. This would involve pausing each section (instead of submitting it) once my 35-minute window is up to avoid answers since LawHub doesn't hide your score/correct or incorrect answers. Then I would blind review the paused sections and input my answers on the 7Sage convert to paper option. Of course, on the other hand, doing the tests on 7Sage is nice since you don't see your score and have the blind review interface.

Another dilemma is since LawHub has all of the PTs in the same order (I believe it's LG LR LR RC), is that another reason 7Sage is better since their tests are in the actual order real tests were? Does anyone have experience doing only ones in the same order on LawHub, or do you purposely do them on 7Sage to have different section orders? I'm unsure if it would be a good thing to take every practice test in the exact same order on LawHub.

Also, during my research, I had seen a post by a 7Sage staff member on a Reddit forum who recommended that we take 90% of our PTs on here and 10% on LawHub.

What method do you guys personally do, and what website do you use to take practice tests?

Comments

• dmlang22dmlang22 Member
    130 karma

I think 90-10 or even 80-20 makes sense given that:

1. it's not like you need to do all PTs on there to know what it'll be like on test day. 10% seems sufficient
    2. 7sage breaks down your score so you have an analysis of where you need to improve and where you're doing great. Lawhub doesn't have that, so you'd have to input every test into 7sage.

Also, you're paying for this service. Not that you aren't paying for Lawhub, but it feels like it'd make more sense to maximize 7Sage as much as possible vs only kinda doing that. hope this helps :)

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2022 4577 karma

Another benefit of taking your PTs on 7Sage is that you'll be able to utilize the 7Sage analytics, which can be extremely helpful when diagnosing your weaknesses.

If you want the interface to look more like Lawhub, you can actually change the theme by clicking one of the options on the 7sage problem set interface and changing it to 'standard'. This way it looks very similar to the Lawhub one.

When you're nearing the end of your prep (and you need the analytics less), you can switch to the Lawhub format to get used to it for the last few PTs you take.

• Matthew19941Matthew19941 Core Member
    102 karma

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll proceed to take them on 7Sage until I get closer to the end of my prep. I wasn't aware of changing the interface on 7Sage.