Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you do on LR in the real test? #help

folbucks coffeefolbucks coffee Core Member

In the real LSAT test with the computer, can you really draw the logic just like JY did? I cannot imagine that I can draw the logic on the scratch paper and read the passage on the screen at the same time. Also, can you read the questions aloud? I don't sound loudly, but it's louder than whispering. I'm a slow reader, and if I don't read the passage aloud, I have to read it again and again to understand the context. Moreover, I am familiar with paper tests, so I am aware that I will have to spend more time reading the questions on the screen.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Unfortunately, you cannot read out loud during the virtual test. You’re technically not supposed to mouth the words while you read, either, but I’ve heard of proctors being lenient about it. I’ve heard that with certain accommodations you’re allowed to read aloud, but I’m not sure if it’s true.

For learning to graph logic on your scratch paper and to read passages in your head, I really don’t know of any solution besides practice, practice, and more practice. When I began studying, I’d often read passages out loud to myself but I consciously taught myself to stop.

• taraodonnell.mtaraodonnell.m Core Member
    5 karma

With some practice (and a whole semester of a logic class in college) I try to see the conditionals as I read. So if a question is asking to find the flaw and it reads "if it is a tree, then it is green" I try and see the conditional "tree-> green". Especially if I see "only" or "Only if" because those indicators are going to be tricky. Then you can prompt your brain to think about what should come next if it is going to be a valid solution