Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going to Law School!

ME_V_LSATME_V_LSAT Member
edited November 2022 in Law School Admissions 1532 karma

Thank you, 7sage!

Comments

• ailiz2022ailiz2022 Core Member
    9 karma

thanks for sharing. I am also a mom of two who works and just studying for this gets so overwhelming with life and kids. May I ask what you scored and how you managed to study?

• ME_V_LSATME_V_LSAT Member
    edited May 2022 1532 karma

@ailiz2022 I did a post on how I managed to study. I started in the 140s. https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/30244/146-180-thank-you-7sage-very-tired-mom-edition/p1

I also did a podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/60-7sager-me-v-lsat-146-to-180-lsat/id1437219549?i=1000541976019

PM me if you ever want to chat. It's so hard to find time to study when you're a parent!

• Yogini 2 JDYogini 2 JD Member
    edited May 2022 11 karma

Congratulations!!! I actually just listened to your podcast with JY the other day!!! I found it so incredibly inspiring - and I hope to have a journey like yours (except I already have 3 kids under 5 so hopefully no more pregnancies for me, hah! The LSAT is the baby now.). Like you, I wake up at 4:45 to study for as long as I can before the people in my house wake up - and there's nothing like that first cup of coffee!

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@ME_V_LSAT,

Congratulations! Your story was inspiring and your book recommendation, The Practicing Mind really changed how I approached this test.

I hope you might be able to answer a question for me (I've created DM drafts in the past, but ultimately decided not to bother you, but since you're here... lol) Did you find that your ability to finish an LR section accurately came from mastery over the subject or would you attribute it to the mini drilling sessions you did before moving to full sections? Do you have any other recommendations on how to increase speed? Right now I'm drilling full sections at 100% accuracy for the questions I attempt, but I find myself coming up short in the sense that I only make it on average to question 23 or 24 before I run out of time. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Anyway, thank you for all of your helpful tips and book recommendations and best of luck at UVA!

• SLODHILL-1-1-1-1-1-1SLODHILL-1-1-1-1-1-1 Core Member
    120 karma

@ginam1029-1 you and I are in the same boat! I am also a mom of 3 but hoping to have positive results like @ME_V_LSAT. That is such an accomplishment! Happy to chat if ever needed to motivate each other through the process! I'm going to listen to the podcast now.

• Yogini 2 JDYogini 2 JD Member
    11 karma

@SLODHILL - I've listened to a bunch of 7Sage podcasts and ME_V_LSAT is definitely the one that has resonated the most with me. Especially now that it's 5am and I'm up studying; it's become my"me" time that I've come to look forward to. Would absolutely love to connect - tired moms need the support!

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

Congratulations. A well-deserved acceptance. UVA law is lucky to have you!

I loved your emphasis on being process driven rather than results driven, as you described in your podcast interview!

• maloriehensonmaloriehenson Core Member
    14 karma

Congrats! I am currently pregnant with my second and taking the June and August LSAT. It is incredibly hard to study which small children and complicated pregnancy but you did it!! Hoping to apply September 1st and attend law school next year.

• ssambhi11ssambhi11 Core Member
    74 karma

Congratulations!! I am also currently pregnant with the second one and planning on taking the test in September 2 weeks before I deliver. It is very hard to be working, taking care of a toddler and studying. Hats of to you ladies.

• maloriehensonmaloriehenson Core Member
    14 karma

@ssambhi11 I'm pregnant with my second one as well. This is hard!! I'm taking June and August...one week before being induced. I wish you the best of luck. You're going to crush it.

• ssambhi11ssambhi11 Core Member
    74 karma

@maloriehenson, Thank you!!! you too!!! we got this.

• ClaudiaMHeller62ClaudiaMHeller62 Free Trial Member
    12 karma

Congratulations! Really inspiring...

• ME_V_LSATME_V_LSAT Member
    edited June 2022 1532 karma

@claremont great question about speed. The mini drilling sessions I did helped out A LOT with speed, but I also needed to develop an overall timing strategy for a section of logical reasoning.

Towards the end of my prep, when I was doing more full sections, I found this article on timing helpful: https://lawschooli.com/lsat-logical-reasoning-timing/.

**good timing rules of thumb:

10 questions in 10 minutes
    20 questions in 25 minutes**

Instead of asking myself, "how do I fit in those parallel reasoning questions in at the end? I'd ask myself, "how can I become more efficient earlier on in the section, so I have time at the end?" Hope this is helpful.

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

@ME_V_LSAT,

Yes, it was. Thank you so much!

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

Very inspiring to read about your dedication to improving on the test, Tired Mom! I am in the camp of moms, too---the very perpetually tired kind. Mom of 5 here (toddlers AND teens) and taking the test for the first time next week. The kids make good cheerleaders. The toddlers jump up and down and chant, "You're the best Mom, you CAN DO IT!" and the teens roll their eyes and go back to texting. Which is basically the same thing as cheering, in teen-speak. :wink:

Wish me luck!

• Justitia_fortunaJustitia_fortuna Alum Member
    52 karma

Congrats!! I'm a rising 2L at UVA Law and I love it here. Happy to answer any questions you might have about the school!