Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum Shortcuts & Tricks

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited May 2018 in General 12637 karma
Sister threads:
List of Forum Titles
List of Affordable PTs

Hey 7Sagers! I know not everyone is aware of these fancy tricks & shortcuts that are on the forums, so I thought I'd make a post about them.

Please note that the screenshots I am showing are done in Chrome. It may be slightly different in other browsers.

What is this thread covering?
-Quoting
-Mentioning Another User
-Receiving Thread Notifications Via Email

Let's begin!

Quoting

Quoting someone is very simple! All you need to do is highlight the text you want to quote, then click the "Quote this" button that pops up. Here's an example:

Once you mouse over the "Quote this" button, it will turn blue.

Then, when you click the button, the quoted text will appear and you can type your reply.

Mentioning another user

You can mention other users in your post, which will send them a forum notification. Here's how to do it:

Start by typing the @ symbol. Once you type a letter after that (for example, if you're trying to mention me, it would be @d), a box with a list of usernames that match those letters will appear to your right. Here's a picture:

If the person's name that you're trying to mention is there, you can just click it and it will auto-fill. (You can also just type it yourself and it will work the same.)

Once you post your comment, the mention will be in blue and clickable, just like a link.

Clicking the name will bring you to that user's profile. (Example: @"Dillon A. Wright" ) If a user has spaces in their name (like mine), use "Brackets" to mention them. (@"Dillon A. Wright")

For the person that was mentioned, they'll see notifications like this:

Receiving thread notifications via email

Want to subscribe to a thread so it emails you everytime someone replies? It's very easy!

Go to the thread you want to subscribe you. On the top-right, close to the title, you'll see a white star:

Click the white star! It will turn yellow and you are now subscribed.

You'll get email notifications like this everytime someone replies:

To unsubscribe, just click the yellow star again.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of these (or anything else!)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.