Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dealing With Score Regression

Braxton076-1-1Braxton076-1-1 Core Member
in General 50 karma

Hey all!

I've been studying for the LSAT for about 3 months, with the last 3 weeks being mostly 2-3 PTs a week. 3 weeks ago I was averaging between 169 and 170 for my scores with blind review scores of 170+, but my last 3 PTs have been 162-163 with blind review scores around 166. I took a 5 day break from studying and the regression has taken place since coming back to studying daily.

Is anyone else dealing with score regression? Any tips for getting back to higher scores that I had gotten used to? I'm taking the real exam in August and I'm starting to get frustrated, fearing that I may not be able to recover in the next month.

Comments

• JessDoctorateJessDoctorate Member
    52 karma

I had a similar issue with similar scores this month. The only thing that helped me was cutting back on the number of PTs a week. I now take one or two PTs a week and spend the days in between really focusing on problem areas. When I was taking more practice tests, I found that I didn't have time to blind review thoroughly enough to actually understand what I was missing and improve on the next test.

Maybe this goes against intuition or other advise you've received (it did for me), but I changed where I was taking practice tests because I realized I was having trouble focusing in the space I was in and it was affecting my timing. That little change helped me a lot. Ask yourself too, is it a content problem or a timing problem? It might just be a problem of not getting through the problems as quickly as you had been which gives you less time to go back through. Just keep working and you'll bounce back. You've got this!