Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do LR questions go from easy to hard on the test?

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma
JY seems to imply that on the actual test, the first questions (like numbers 1-8 or 9) are easy and get increasingly more difficult as you progress through the section. Is that a correct surmise on my part?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Somewhat, since on the most recent tests you may find that #9 is one of the hardest. But usually the first couple of questions are the easiest.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Yeah it's not as true as it used to be, you'll get more of a feel for the changes as you go through the PTs.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 3658 karma
    Agreed. I just had a difficult LR question that was #2. It was ridiculous.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    It used to be like that, where 1-10 were easier. Now, the test writers can put (and WILL, from recent trends) harder questions in the first 1-10 to throw you off your game.
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    Thanks for the info.
    8021 karma
    I have a growing hatred for number nines on pretty much every LR section.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    Used to be that the first 10 were easy. Now they've moved some harder ones to the first 10 to throw off student's timing. On the June test #9 was somewhat difficult.

Best Strategy to deal with this: Don't let the hard ones break your rhythm.

Eliminate the answer choices you know are wrong, circle one of the remaining answer choices (the one you feel best about), circle the question (to remember to come back to it if time permits) and MOVE ON. Getting stuck on one question, especially early on, can be disastrous for the whole section. Don't fall for that trap.
    8021 karma
    @gs556 said:
    Eliminate the answer choices you know are wrong, circle one of the remaining answer choices (the one you feel best about), circle the question (to remember to come back to it if time permits) and MOVE ON. Getting stuck on one question, especially early on, can be disastrous for the whole section. Don't fall for that trap.
    This may be the toughest yet most important skill to master on the LSAT.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @gs556 said:
    Best Strategy to deal with this: Don't let the hard ones break your rhythm.
    100% agree. One thing I see happen a lot is that people flip out a bit (myself included) when one of the first 10 q's seems hard. Yes, you might just be missing something simple. But if it seems like a hard question, let it be a hard question! Just pretend it's #19 or something. The "this should be easy, y r i so dum" mindset is a killer on the LSAT—for confidence, rhythm, and in-the-zone-ness.