Study tips / my experience from a 162 to 175 jump

james iiijames iii Member
in General 41 karma
  1. Start studying for the LSAT part time (8+ hours a week) at least 8 months before the real test
  2. Follow the LR-LG-RC order in studying 7sage’s curriculum (unless you know of a very strong personal reason not to)
  3. Take all the time you need to master LR, but make sure you begin your RC study at least 3 months before the test. You need time to develop the ‘feel’
  4. 2.5+ months of full time studying (35+ hours a week) before the test if you can afford it
  5. 1.5+ month of full time prep test drilling before the real test if you can afford it. It's supposed to take 6+ hours to complete a prep test, do blind review, and then watch the explanation videos
  6. Postpone the test if necessary, don't take it unprepared
  7. Keep studying LR and RC until you have a clear intuition for finding the right answer choice. It’s about the feel, really
  8. For LR and RC, be merciless with time. Force yourself to finish the section early despite less time for answering each question
  9. For LG, go through 7sage’s curriculum, star all the questions/stems you find hard, and redo them again and again until you master them

Good luck!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2245 karma

First, congrats on your awesome score! I'm sure you'll crush the admissions process. Second, thank you so much for the great advice! This is one of the best/most concise pointer-posts I've seen. Best of luck in your law school endeavors!

• Brainstorming the LawBrainstorming the Law Alum Member
    15 karma

Thank you for this!

• bdejesus04bdejesus04 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Awesome tips! Thank you!!